Outdoor forced air furnace/Rocket stove completed

COJeeper

Observer
Danger Will Robinson

I couldn'r resist. Nice innovation.

LOL!!! Well I finished up a full night in the ARB tent Friday. All is well, I did not perish from Carbon monoxide poisoning. After burning a bunch of oak sticks for a hour or so. I filled it up with about 10 charcoal briquettes and crawled up the ladder for the night.
Got a good 2 hour burn before I could feel the hot air vent start to get cooler. My thermosat shut down the blower at 75 degrees.
It shuts down the blower as the fire dies down. It was cold last night! I froze the remainder of a 12 pack and my dog water froze up solid before a woke up this morning around 7:30. I refired it up and warmed up th tent for the morning. One thing! I will now find a stainless steel stack. I thought using a lenghth of Class B pipe and a cap would be ok.......Nope melted the inside right out of it ;-) definitely going to get a pellet vent stainless lined pipe now! All of my buddies were genuinely impressed. They spent the night in the cabin, and I camped by the frozen swamp. Around 2 or 3 in the morning a pack of coyotes made a pass by, and the whole set up seem to disturbed them from the racket they made for 20 minutes. I like to think it was the coyotes way of saying cool setup.
Bottom line is it works very well and I had free fuel source everywhere I looked. Its not an all night burn which was not my intention. It heats up the tent and lets you get settled and fall sound to sleep in your warm sleeping bag, and it has been approved by coyotes. In the morining fire it back up and it dries the tent out really well and I brewed my coffee on it.
I'm 100% happy with how this has worked out...

COJeeper

Observer
GL...as in Joe soucheray?

http://www.1500espn.com/shows/garagelogic

Do you have dimensions/plans...something that could be replicated/copied? I like the concept of a rocket furnace! I can see it in my Toy Box build: http://stonerradiator.com/images/dsc00667.jpg
Yep I always agreed with common sence, I used to listen to Joe when I had MN in my Territory while traveling.
Garage Logic.
I do not have alot of info for you I made a mock up consisting of a cardboard box and carboard tube and just kind of worked it out.
Tip for ya......The first mockup model proto type burned rapidly for 2 minutes then disappeared. Had to start over :) LOL
You Tube has lots of rocket stove stuff to research. Also check out Clarry outfitter stoves. Those will give you a good idea of how these ideas work.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
Looks great. A little on the large side for someone like me though unfortunately.

is the pipe going to the tent insulated? if not, that might increase your air temp going into the tent a bit.

COJeeper

Observer
No it is not insulated, While I agree that would help with heat loss, it is not needed due to the heat out put of over 100+ degrees to the tent as it is.

When it is colder, I run the cold air return pipe to the tent and recirculate the heated air back through the unit to gain extra efficiency.

I ran it last Saturday night. It puts out very hot and dry air. A dozen charcoal briquettes gave me a burn time of 2 hours when I crawled up the latter for the night.

Nice and Toasty

roberto

Adventurer
would love if you could post instructions/ template of your design here. Would like to do for my rig pictured.

Rob038 (2).JPGkl ,.JPG038 (2).JPGkl ,.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94