Africa Overland 2011

Liz5264

Hi

In case anyone is interested, I thought I would post a link to our blog - 2taylors.net

We spent 6 months this year travelling from the southern most tip of Africa, to the West coast of Namibia, to the East coast of Mozambique, to just north of Nairobi in Kenya and everywhere between. Just the 2 of us, our 4x4 and a rooftent (well a bit of of extra gear as well, but it was pretty basic). We had a fantastic time and our now plotting our permanent escape from civilisation in the next 5 years or so - fingers crossed.

Liz

maxingout

Adventurer
Interesting website with great photos. Congratulations on some awesome adventures. I am envious. I hope to follow you in Africa some day.

Liz5264

Thanks guys. Hopefully there is some info in there that is useful to others planning a simliar trip. I know when we were planning the best place to get accurate info from was other people's blogs.

Liz

maxingout

Adventurer
Thanks guys. Hopefully there is some info in there that is useful to others planning a simliar trip. I know when we were planning the best place to get accurate info from was other people's blogs.

Liz

Getting the trip planning right is the best insurance policy for a good trip. I always avoid tight schedules as much as possible as it can get crazy trying to slavishly follow a schedule. At the same time, if you get your seasons wrong, it can ruin a trip as well. Thanks for all the valuable information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles