The "new family member" build

gearguywb

Explorer
So it starts....let's see I got the title and regstration for almost 2 hours before the first mod. Revo 265/70/18 with a diameter of 32.6, sure fills the wheel wells(for right now :)). Rear seats are in the storage building along with the running boards.
LC003.jpg

gearguywb

Explorer
next couple of steps...
run power to the back for the Engel
OME lift, slee step sliders, AO drawer system.

gearguywb

Explorer
I ended up not getting a drawer system from Slee so spent the weekend building a homemade set. I readily admit very little wood working skill but am pretty happy with how they turned out. I did use some ideas from Mud that helped quite a bit. I plan on putting my CO2 tank on the left side attached to the side of the drawer and the Engle on the top/left side.
013.jpg

006-1.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

spressomon

Expedition Leader
gearguywb said:
So it starts....let's see I got the title and regstration for almost 2 hours before the first mod. Revo 265/70/18 with a diameter of 32.6, sure fills the wheel wells(for right now :)). Rear seats are in the storage building along with the running boards.
LC003.jpg

...wow...and you're off...you should have the whole new rig modded...by what...next weekend? :wings:

gearguywb

Explorer
...wow...and you're off...you should have the whole new rig modded...by what...next weekend?

That made my girlfriend ROTFL...she has often called me "instant gratification boy".

That being said...I do have the lift and Slee step sliders on the way!

gearguywb

Explorer
Well...an evening with nothing to do, soooo...

installed a seperate fuse block in the tool compartment, wired straight to the positive side of the battery with a 30 amp fuse. Installed two 12volt outlets in the rear with 10 amp fuses for each. I really only plan on rinning the fridge but thought it would not hurt to have another outlet. Also put the (of course home made) co2 system onto the rack.
001-1.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

gearguywb

Explorer
Found a pretty cool slide assembly, from woodworkers on line. Rated to hold 210 lbs. Mounted the slide to the top of the drawers then cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to mount the fridge to.
017-1.jpg

018.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Nice job! Where did you get your C02 bottle from? I'm thinking about getting one of thos instead of replacing my old dead compressor.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
nice work!!

Awsome job on the mods, if you acompplished that in an evening, I offer you a job in my garage..lol
word of caution, shrink tube the connections to the terminals and use insulated terminals as well- on a rough road, the connectors you have now may come loose..touching the body..not good!
also, I love your dog! always admired German shepards!
keep us posted.

gearguywb

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
Nice job! Where did you get your C02 bottle from? I'm thinking about getting one of thos instead of replacing my old dead compressor.

Actually I bought it off ebay and then scrounged the local welding shop for a regulator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke