Trailorboat

bbdd

Hi all, longtime ExPo lurker here. I don't post, as I don't have the money for most of the toys on this awesome site. Someday hopefully.

I did run across a clever old trailer design at a local car show this past summer, and I just found the photos while cleaning off my phone. I thought I'd share them with others who might appreciate it. The rig is not mine, just thought it was unique.

This is a 1962 Trailorboat ("Trail-or-boat". Clever.) Not many made, even less survive. Estimates range from 175 to 400 originally made. Made from 1961 to 1963 in San Rafael, CA by the Trailorboat Manufacturing Co.

Sleeping for 2 inside, cargo space in the rear, and a boat on top. The unit has a true roof under the boat, so you can remove it without exposing the interior.

trailorboat01.jpgtrailorboat02.jpgtrailorboat03.jpgtrailorboat04.jpg

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Not sure if the same guy or not but the tow vehicle looks like it...he used to be pretty active over at the Teardrops and Tiny Trailers forum.

bbdd

True, the tow vehicle is not what you usually find on ExPo. The ground clearance needs improvement, but the firewood for the evening is built right into the doors! ;-) Seriously, a beautiful car in its own right.

trailorboat5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94