Roof Racks For Tacoma

Dirtytires

Explorer
I have a 2011 Tacoma Access cab 4x4 truck. I want to put roof racks or perhaps a basket. I googled such and I was not
able to find anyone that makes them for the AC. Is there a reason why? I really want to be able to utilize the space for
storage during trips and such.. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome..

thanks,
Craig

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
You could put some yakima or thule racks on there. Toyota doesn't make one for the AC. The other route is to have one custom made to meet your needs. Right now I have the Toyota racks on there but I need something that can carry more weight. I am looking at something similar to this one to be made.

86000_bm01.jpg

Dirtytires

Explorer
I dont think I could drill the roof. I think that would just create a future rust project. Since the Tacomas use cheap metal. I guess I will have to wait till it is paid
off completely before I start drilling holes. Althought I would like to have a sunroof..

Tim A

Adventurer
If you don't want to drill, check out the Yak q-towers/q-clips or Thule equiv. May not look as nice but if it's functional, who cares, right? :)

8014030038_large.jpg

Last edited:

steve103

Observer
i still think front runner racks are the way to go. sure you have to drill to put down the track but then its done. to seal the holes use good quality calking in the hole and under the track, NO leaks. the rack is soo cool with the way you can mount things on it and the best is its aluminum so never rust.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
I second the Q-towers I bought a set 12 years ago and have had them on many different vehicles. when installed right, they're very stout.

Caoboy

Adventurer
If you don't want to drill, check out the Yak q-towers/q-clips or Thule equiv. May not look as nice but if it's functional, who cares, right? :)

8014030038_large.jpg

IIRC you need to have an open door to mount the the clips/towers. You don't have that with an access cab since there is not a rear door. Maybe that's why nobody makes a rack either.

I'd personally go with some sort of utility rack setup. Or a 'headache rack' for a rear bar, with a tower/clip setup on the front doors for a front bar, if there really needs to be a rack on the roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles