New to the forum, long time mitsu owner - My SR

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
See, 35s do fit without a body lift. Looks good, but I'm sure it rubs with suspension flex right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What do you mean 'suspension flex' ? I drive a montero, there's no such thing!! :D

I did a little trimming and it barely rubs, but I'll definitely be getting some hockey pucks in there for a little body boost.

tumblr_m4c36pTsUy1qgccgpo1_1280.png

scrubber3

Not really here
What do you mean 'suspension flex' ? I drive a montero, there's no such thing!! :D

I did a little trimming and it barely rubs, but I'll definitely be getting some hockey pucks in there for a little body boost.

I said flex, not articulation. Albeit very little flex, but nonetheless...... :)

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Well, it's been a few hundred miles now.

I did some camping and cave exploring over the memorial day weekend, drove a few hundred miles.

The tire noise is pretty damn good considering the tread and side, the truck rides perfect and has no issues making enough power to push the tires (i run 93 octane, shame on you if you do not)

Taking those variables into account and the roof rack stayed on the whole way, AC not on and the windows down (harder on gas mileage actually) I still got 18 MPG!

vgreen

Putting the G in RGB
18 mpg! I struggle to get 14 on the freeway with 31's. I've noticed a trend: You guys on tall tires seem to be improving your highway mileage! Kinda counter-intuitive, but I am guessing the gear changes actually aid the mileage, and out weigh the weight and wind resistance. 4.69:1 is pretty short gearing for a factory delivered SUV in the stateside.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
18 mpg! I struggle to get 14 on the freeway with 31's. I've noticed a trend: You guys on tall tires seem to be improving your highway mileage! Kinda counter-intuitive, but I am guessing the gear changes actually aid the mileage, and out weigh the weight and wind resistance. 4.69:1 is pretty short gearing for a factory delivered SUV in the stateside.

I actually improved when going from 33's to 35's. Primarily because of how the gearing (transmission and final) was affected. Turning lower RPM's at highway speeds, but not so low I don't have power on tap has helped out and offset the increase in rotational mass.

all theory of course, i am not a scientist. :D

Ordered hockey pucks today, lift to commence soon.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Actually hockey pucks.... or a proper body lift?

What do you mean? They're the same thing... ;) I'm not sure where you've been but hockey pucks have been used for this since, well as long as I can remember.

4crawler makes a decent BL kit with proper grade hardware.:smiley_drive:

I have access to the proper grade hardware, the pucks were $1.20 a piece. But besides that, 4crawler's website is absolute **** and navigating it only told me i'd be paying over $100, have to jump through hoops to order, wait 3 weeks and the smallest kit offered is 2 inches. I hate body lifts, the pucks will give the tiny boost needed.

scrubber3

Not really here
I'm with X on this one. Why spend 100 dollars on something he can do for a small fraction of that price if it gives the effect needed. Let us know how it goes?

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The uhmw rod is $12/ft so it is easily comparable in cost, but you'd have to cut & drill it yourself.

4crawler has been pretty busy but that's what happens when you build and sell good products at a decent price.

As for the lift... my biggest concern with pucks is they're made with rubber which doesn't do well when exposed to weather and ozone. Uhmw on the other hand doesn't have this problem. Then there's the added liability if you're ever in an accident and any harm was caused by them failing. You could really be up the creek if they question the lift you created. Might be better with a product in this situation. Yeah, thats not very likely but also not worth just a single Benjamin in savings IMHO... But there it is..its just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles