New to the forum, long time mitsu owner - My SR

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Hey guys, going on 10 years that i've been into anything with diamonds on the hood. Currently daily driving a Galant VR4 and picked up this 95 SR for some extra fun.

Have a few questions;
I'd like to override the rear diff lock restrictions and maintain use of the stock switch, anyone done this and know what wires to bypass? Of course I'll be engaging the locker while spinning the tires at 50 mph :smiley_drive:

Known issues with the cruise control? mine doesnt seem to be working and I haven't diagnosed it yet.

Bought this a week ago, mods so far:
ditched running boards
33 inch baja claws
to come:
ditch sways
crank torsions
mod bumpers

monterosr.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Is that dark green or black?

Id keep the front anti sway bar myself otherwise she'll drive really squirrelly.

Havent considered locking the diff at higher speeds. Why do you want to do that?

Sorry, no answers for your cc prob. Maybe a fuse?

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Is that dark green or black?

Id keep the front anti sway bar myself otherwise she'll drive really squirrelly.

Havent considered locking the diff at higher speeds. Why do you want to do that?

Sorry, no answers for your cc prob. Maybe a fuse?

Dark green, I was joking about locking the diff at high speeds, however I would like to lock it while not in 4x4.

I checked the fuses for the CC, thought they might have a common motor failure.

This is the third montero i've had, removed the front sway on others, i've noticed more roll from removing the rear than I have the front, that was on a leaf sprung sport though. Either way, these are pretty stable compared to a lot of rigs and I drive accordingly.

I read through your threads, really nice work you've done, i'll be ripping off your rear bed set up, :D Bravo on the work.

12.5 on stock wheels, no problem. I don't rub at all. The tires may experience a little more wear in the center of the tread.... but I can live with that.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Yup, stock wheels with 12.5's no rub. I'd like a slightly wider wheel and might eventually pick up a set of used american racing wheels. But it's ok for now.

nice find on the diagram! I'll update when I make the change.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
i posted that, did a search on craigslist, an hour later and $60 out of my pocket, i picked these up.

not to crazy about them, but they were cheap and wider, i'll paint the centers gun metal or bronze or something and leave the lips 'polished'
arblades.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Just out of curiosity, how do you know if the bolt pattern of what you bought will match up?
Mike... needs to be 6x5.5" bolt pattern w/ a minimum 108mm center bore (center bore size according to America's Tire/Discount Tire). I can almost tell by looking at the rim that there's a 99% likely hood the bore is the right size by looking at the thickness of the max thickness between the center bore and a lug bolt hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles