A Hummer H3 built for everything.

AFSOC

Explorer
WOW!! Looks great. You have all kinds of courage to begin cutting on a great rig like that. Now that I see the results, I can say you have equal parts vision. Very well done, congrats on such a sweet rig.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
WOW!! Looks great. You have all kinds of courage to begin cutting on a great rig like that. Now that I see the results, I can say you have equal parts vision. Very well done, congrats on such a sweet rig.

Thanks. I would have never done it had I not been offered to do it by these guys. I had worked with them before, and there work is top notch. The great thing about them, is that they listen to all suggestion. They go around pretending to be know it alls. To me the strength and integrity of the body had be 10x better than OEM because I drive my 2 year old everywhere in this vehicle. They understood that and did everything possible to make it as strong as possible.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

dieselfuel

Adventurer
By the way, the color also matches my rifles :p

f1571b2e.jpg

ok what is that? its ******kin sexy!!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Absolutely incredible! Look me up when you're back in NC!

Hi Storz. I get back Jan 8th. Probably won't be able to go wheeling till end of Jan. have to finish some stuff on the truck, and then I have to go to SHOT Show for work.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Once they finished the exterior, now they had to get the interior to match the OEM one, and make it look like it came that way from the factory. The only addition was going to be a six point roll cage. I was about to have my first child, and wanted to make sure he was safe if I ever decided to take him wheeling. The first thing they had to tackle was the rear panels where the slant back had been made. They used part of the original panels, where the airbags sat, so as to maintain everything working like OEM, if the airbags where ever to deploy.

IMG_3555.jpg

This is how it looked after it was modified and prepped for painting.

IMG_3556.jpg

This is what it looked like from behind. You can see the original part, where the airbag sits, and the new custom molded fiberglass attached to it.

H37.jpg

Here you can see the part installed, as well as the roll cage. The roll cage now has padding. The trick thing Gabe the upholstery guy did, was hide under the roll cage the roof liner extension.

H35.jpg

View of the trunk.

H32.jpg

Rear seats area. Roll cage ends behind the driver. We didn't continue it all the way forward because it would have required too much hacking of the dash. My main concern was the rear seats, which is where my son would be ridding.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Now that Duane and Bernt's work was done, it was time to give it back to ORE so they could do their part.

H3-01.jpg

drbandkgb

Xterra Junky
Are there no concerns about a rear window? Seems like there could be some law for civilian cars?

Just asking

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Are there no concerns about a rear window? Seems like there could be some law for civilian cars?

Just asking

It's a good point. The H3s original rear window is completely useless. Especially with the bigger tire. It comes from the factory with a rear view camera in the rear view mirror. How about all those delivery/service vehicles that don't have rear windows? How about if you load up the rear so you can't see out of the rear window? How about all those supercars that have the engine back there? Big rigs with a trailer? Any vehicle that is towing a trailer that blocks the rear view? I'm used to driving vehicles that don't have a rear view and do fine with side view mirrors. In some 4x4 events I have participated in, you have to drive the stage backwards only using side view mirrors. Skills you pick up over the years. :)

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I am not a fan of these trucks, at all!

Well, until I saw this one... HOLY COW! Nice work!

I have to admit, I feel the same....until now!

Having driven the Military H1's from when they first came out ('86) until '98, I always like them (except for their width, great in the dessert, not so great in the timber)

But I never cared for any of the Hummer derivatives, even modified ones, until this rig!

Absolutely awesome work!! And one great looking H3!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I have to admit, I feel the same....until now!

Having driven the Military H1's from when they first came out ('86) until '98, I always like them (except for their width, great in the dessert, not so great in the timber)

But I never cared for any of the Hummer derivatives, even modified ones, until this rig!

Absolutely awesome work!! And one great looking H3!

Thanks. I always loved the HMMWV, and might even get one in the future, but the weight and size made it very impractical. I never liked the H2 no matter what you did to it. Great engine though. H3 was an improvement, but had very weak front end, and the I5 didn't kick it for me. In the end I just used my imagination, and lots of help from great builders, and got the best of all worlds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles