1979 Land rover Series III 109 2 door diesel right hand drive

eyera3

I have to sell my beautiful truck due to extended unemployment.
The truck can be seen at http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2772431944.html
Rare Safari top. Previous owner spent over $40K on restoration. Needs some minor interior work to make it perfect. 4 speed, no over drive but cruises at 55-60 MPH. great MPG with 4 cyl diesel engine.
made in England, Imported to Canada, the the US. have names of previous two owners. ODO says 39000+.
Hella driving lights, electronic brake controller, removable Safari top. too much to list.
email for photos and details on this vintage, classic truck.
New frame, suspension, brakes, hydraulics, repainted. Engine and Tranny checked out to be in great shape. Hood mount for spare tire, rear door has spare mounted. rebuilt wheels, new tires, so much more work completed. rebuilt and recovered front seat.
a few places with small spots of surface rust, No real issues, drive this baby the way it is anywhere. Really fun to drive. Rare safari Top.
asking $14,500 USD will consider delivering within 500 miles of Portland,OR for a reasonable fee + return flight or train ticket
DSC_4018.jpgDSC_4028.jpgDSC_4030.jpgengine 1.jpgDSC_4031.jpgroversus2.jpgroversus5.jpgroversus3.jpg

Last edited:

eyera3

Thanks,
Wish I found this site sooner. I bummed about having to sell it. But I think it will go to a good home from someone on this list.

Last edited:
Thanks,
Wish I found this site sooner. I bummed about having to sell it. But I think it will go to a good home form someone on this list.

I'll be honest- my comment was in jest.

It seems like there is frequently new threads in the vehicles for sale section, advertising someone's pricey vehicle for sale, and it also just so happens to be the OP's first post ever on ExPo.
I'm all for seeing contributing forum members selling their vehicles and/or gear here, but these one-post sellers seem to be using ExPo as more of a Craigslist than a community forum... especially when they call Expedition Portal a list.

There's been a long list of new members selling their vehicle and/or piece of gear, make a couple of posts (only in their own 'for sale' thread that they started), then we never hear from them again. I'm not saying that you're this type of poster, but it happens.

I really do hope that you become an active participant here on ExPo though, as we're a great group of nice folks, and a have a wealth of knowledge to both share and gain.

eyera3

I appreciate your point, I also own a classic British car and am very active on that list. We get folks who post wants and sell items, and that's great, as we are the correct market. I emailed Scott to see if my posting was OK, he encouraged me to do so. I am in deep financial straights and need to sell my wonderful truck. This group was recommended to me as a perfect place to sell my rig. Honestly, I do find what is covered here as amazing and wish I had found you all sooner, but after selling my Landy, I will only check in sporadically. When my finances improve I would love to buy another vintage LR.
Thanks for your time and honesty. I too am being up front about my intentions for posting my Truck. I hope it goes to a good home and that it be used as intended. I babied it, but it should be taken way off road and flung around in the mud.
Cheeers

Last edited:

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I am guessing the truck was originally blue...how good a colour change did they do in the $40k "restoration"...when you open the hood or doors what colour do you see...BRG and arles blue does not make a nice two tone in my opinion..

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I've seen this truck somewhere else online, but can't recall as it was awhile ago. What's it look like beneath all the diamond plate in the back? The exterior is beautiful...

eyera3

1979 Landy

I've seen this truck somewhere else online, but can't recall as it was awhile ago. What's it look like beneath all the diamond plate in the back? The exterior is beautiful...

Thanks for the interest. i removed the ad the other day. i have a deposit on the truck. If it falls through next week I'll get back to you.'
cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles