Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayak Advice needed...

Jay, that beauty would look awesome on top of my Yaris! Might even be able to float the Yar across the river with it.....
    Seriously though, nice duct ta......I mean kayak!
    Movin' right along.In search of good times and good news,
    With good friends you can't lose, This could become a habit..
    Opportunity knocks once, let's reach out and grab it.
    Together we'll nab it. We'll hitch-hike, bus or yellow cab it!
    Cab it?

CrowsWing
    Benroy Teardrop on TnTTT
    CrowsWing Benroy Teardrop on ExPo
    The 220,000 Mile Tundra

Anyone know if the kayaks at Walmart are any good? I want to fish and do some floating and these are cheap they are only $250 thanks!

Default Walmart Kayaks?

I am also curious if anyone has tried one.... I love the idea of cheap boats that you can leave on top of the truck, not worry about when you leave it at a trail head while riding or hiking...
    031212podB.jpg
    PS the kayak is cleaned and on the water.
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com
    02 DC Tacoma with a Flippac and other stuff
    93 FZJ80 - stock but dual lockers and less than 200k miles

74 FJ40, 91 Hilux, 98 4Runner, 98 Rav4, 02 Conqueror Compact Trailer - All Sold

Default how did it handle?

So how do you like that new kayak? Does it handle well? is it stable? Have you fished out of it yet? Is it roomy or tight squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimizer26 View Post
    Anyone know if the kayaks at Walmart are any good? I want to fish and do some floating and these are cheap they are only $250 thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbike28 View Post
    I am also curious if anyone has tried one.... I love the idea of cheap boats that you can leave on top of the truck, not worry about when you leave it at a trail head while riding or hiking...
    031212podB.jpg
    PS the kayak is cleaned and on the water.
    They are good for a very basic kayak. I have one that I loan to beginner friends and family. (They are the Waterquest brand by KL industries BTW if you want to look up reviews. The Aruba is the one with the seat back.)
    It's wide (30") so it's not the fastest things in the world, but it tracks well and is very stable.
    The 250lb weight limit is pretty much spot on, so a grown man can't take much gear if any.
    The storage in the back doesn't keep water out very well, so if you put anything in there use ziplock bags.
    The entire hull is open, so you may want to stuff the front and back with styrofoam and/or airbags.
    The foot pegs are strong, but only made to fit a 6 foot person at the most.
    And I recommend puting something under the front edge of the seat. It will stop any plastic on plastic rubbing/tapping and cushion the seat a little. (I use a large sponge which also collects drips from the paddle etc...)

That's all I can think of, hope it's helpful.

I got both my kayaks off craigslist. I have a green old town sea otter for my fiance and a yellow walden naturalist for myself. They both track pretty well and are great boats for what we use them for. I am currently trying to rig them both up for fishing. I got the naturalist for $200 with a vest and paddle. The otter was $75. I like to think I got a pretty good deal on them! THe otter is much heavier than the naturalist but it's good and stable for her on the water.

Hi dear i just want to say you that you should purcahse Kayak wiht all the new and latest equipements in which have fish bag fish finder camera single paddle and safety belts and other equipements for avoid the dangerous water animals becuase if you purchase a good and expensive Kayak for one time you should never ever need to purhchase Kayak again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12