partsflyin

Adventurer
1981 E-350 Ford Econoline Quigley 4x4.
460 Gasser
C6 auto
NP205
D44 front axle
? rear axle
I have done a lot of work to this van.Planned on owning this thing long term, but happened upon another van that I liked better.
New captains chairs in front, with matching rear bench that folds into a bed.Rear bench is currently unmounted. Rear floor pans had some rust which was all cut out and patch panels welded in and coated with POR-15. Front floorboards and entry areas covered with herculiner.
Swapped in complete grey dash and dog box from an 87. At that time I also swapped the doors at the same time in order to upgrade to power windows and door locks. Replaced window motors in both doors at this time.
Had an alternator failure and upgraded to a GM one wire style alternator.
New 2" receiver.
New no name 33x12.50x16.5 no name all terrains
Alum Centerline wheels.
Added side windows to rear of van, sliders with screens.
Interior very stripped down but basically completely wired for 12v camping setup.
Much more I'm sure , just ask.
All six doors replaced with rust free doors. A small amount of rust in the body.
$2500
Many pics here : www.supermotors.net/registry/21728

Last edited:

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Maybe add a few pics here of the van in it's current condition? Looking through the pics, it's unclear which of the rust areas have been fixed. Maybe a link to your build on here, too. I like the van, but I'm in no position to buy. Good luck!

ProtoTribal

Observer
Bump it up. No interest in this thing? Am I asking too much? Someone make me an offer.....

Your price is too cheap if anything.

That's a neat van!

I think the problem is that people that would normally be looking at vans in the $2500 range would usually be considered poor to middle class and none of them have any money at all right now. The only people that can afford to buy anything will just go out and buy a new sportsmobile and let it sit in their garage.

Just a theory but I've had a similarly cool van for sale at a similar price for almost a year now and I haven't been able to sell it.

Pray for the economic collapse to happen soon! All of the fake money will become worthless and the playing field will be leveled a bit. As regular folks, it's our only chance short of a violent revolution/wealth redistribution. I'm not trying to be negative at all......just calling it like I see it. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Best of luck with the sale!

Jim Oaks

Observer
remember looking at this for sale online.

This photo scared me away:

slimpics-183.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
I can see where that pic would cause concern, but it was taken long before ALL rust was cut out of the floor , replaced with weld in panels and coated with POR-15.
slimpics-195.jpg

slimpics-192.jpg

I did not however get to the point of body work, and there is one bad place on the body.
Here.
slim-pics-008.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94