Feedback in stock speakers when keying out

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
I am getting some feedback on my stock speakers. From what I can tell, the HAM radio wiring is not crossing any speaker wire. Anybody else know what it can be? The power wire from the radio itself is going to the battery and the ground is also going to the ground on the battery.

GlennA

Adventurer
Does it do it only on AM, FM, Cd or all of the above? Sounds like the RF from your txmitter is overdriving the front end of your car stereo receiver. You might try cutting your output power back or relocating your tx antenna. Some ferrite beads around your stereo ant cable may also help. Most modern receivers have good sensitivity, but poor selectivity.

jjohnsonphx

Observer
I had the same problem on a 2008 Tundra. I have a Yaesu FTM-350R dual bander. The radio was getting into my drivers side front speaker from the antenna on the drivers front fender. I ran a ground wire from the antenna base to a ground lug inside the fender, and the feedback went away. It is very important to run the power cable directly to the battery. In most modern vehicles the vehicle notification sounds are mixed into the sound system through a separate amp that is always on. On my Toyota this is the case. What was happening is that my antenna was creating a ground loop and feeding RF directly into the amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles