New Guy here with 2012 Power Wagon

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a "pawpaw".

[terrible mid eighties GI Joe toy commercial jingle voice]
"Paw Paw Power Wheels, Paw Paw Power Wheels, POWER WHEELS, Now your playing with power!"
[Commercial jingle voice off]

Ironicly, I think the first power wheels toy car was a Ford. Bigfoot IIRC. I'm not sure if that's it, but that's my guess.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Welcome aboard; excellent color choice.

Thanksgiving2011TN223.jpg

BTW, 295/70 Cooper Discover STT tires will fit and only rub the lower control arm a tiny bit on full-lock turns. Any larger tire needs new wheels and a little lift. The G3s were easier to fit with larger rubber.

sdwhip

Observer
Congrats on the purchase, I wish I woulda saved more money when I was deployed and put it towards a new truck when I was in the Navy. I looked at the Power Wagons before I bought my 2500 Cummins but what I got better suited my needs and I got mine in Vernon also.

Doc Foster

Adventurer
That is a sweet looking truck, especially the color. Reminds me of my first truck a brand new 1979 Dodge. Had it all over the East from Key West up into New Brunswick Canada. Got 140,000+ miles out of her before I sold it and bought a 1986 Jeep CJ7.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Great looking truck. I'm a die hard GM truck guy but the new Ram trucks look better than any other truck out IMO. I love how they look and if i had to buy a Full-Sized truck today it would be a Dodge Ram. Just a quick question if I may. The Power Wagon, are they only available as a Diesel or can you get one in Gas? Thanks and appreciate your service and Congrats on the ************ truck

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Actually ZR2nit, the power wagon is only available in gas. Diesel models were never made mostly due to the intercooler interfering with the winch mount, and a couple other random reasons.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yeah, gas only; 11mpg on average...

The '12s have a new transmission and might do better with the 6-speed.

Daniel Altman

Hilldweller that is a nice PW! Does yours have the 6-speed? Speaking of mpg, my Pawpaw has reported average of 14.6 @ 70-75 mph on the highway when he drove it home with just 5 miles on the clock with 6-speed. Hopefully after break-in it will get better.

ZR2nit I wish they came with a CTD. With the truck having the 66RFE I could swap in a diesel if I ever get tried of the Hemi. IMO the Hemi is the best option for a power plant in the PW. Weighs less than a diesel and you can find gas almost anywhere.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I have an '11 and it has the 5 speed.
I've never had it on the highway for more than 15 minutes without a trailer so I don't know the highway mileage.

Hilldweller likes hills, not highways... :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94