Thread: Long Shot: Grote Military 24 LED Volt 5 wire trailer light wiring help (p/n 82212)

Default Long Shot: Grote Military 24 LED Volt 5 wire trailer light wiring help (p/n 82212)

Hello All,
    Long shot here, but my internet search has resulted in no decent information to this point. I purchased a set (pair) of Grote 82172 LED tail lamps for my M101 CDN2 trailer to replace the stock lights. The PO to the PO converted the trailer from the 7 pin 24 volt harness to a standard 4 pin trailer setup. I would like to know how to wire up the 5 wire lamps to the 4 wire (2 a side) harness? I cannot find a wiring diagram for the Grote lights, not even on their site?

82212.jpg

http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=82212

If anyone knows the wiring sequence for these, has done this conversion etc please let me know. The wires are color coded, just not sure what the code means?
    Thanks!
    Greg
    Red XJ's FTW
    2000 Jeep XJ Classic. 2005 Jeep WK LTD 5.7L. 1992 M101 CDN2 1/4 ton project trailer, CVT Mt Hood RTT. 2009 Coachman 108ST Tent Trailer.
    Follow on Twiter
    My website

____=__=
    l l ,[_____],
    l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Well, it's easy enough to find the ground (wire with ring terminal)

Using a battery or power source, ground that, and put 12V to each of the other wires, one at a time, and see what lights up. (brake, tail, etc.)

If it's a Military light, it may have black out lights on it.

Being a Military light, it required the 7 pin harness.

1: Ground

2: Tail (went to both lights)

3: Brake (both)

4: Turn- Left

5: Turn- Right

6: Black out drive-Marker

7: Black out drive-Brake

To use it on a 'civilian' rig, you'll only need the Ground, Tail, and Brake wires from each lamp.

The Brake and Turn will utilize the same wire.

I just installed as set of these on my T-73.

You will find numbers printed on each wire. If you don't have numbers (which if they are NATO spec, you should) let me know, and I will go open my housings and get the colors for you)

21- marker lamp
    22- (460/461)- Stop Lamp (right/left signal lamp)
    GND- (white tag) ground
    23- Blackout Marker (not used)
    24- Blackout Stop (not used)
    Last edited by corprin; 01-03-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corprin View Post
    I just installed as set of these on my T-73.

You will find numbers printed on each wire. If you don't have numbers (which if they are NATO spec, you should) let me know, and I will go open my housings and get the colors for you)

21- marker lamp
    22- (460/461)- Stop Lamp (right/left signal lamp)
    GND- (white tag) ground
    23- Blackout Marker (not used)
    24- Blackout Stop (not used)
    Thanks all... this ^^ helps a lot. Going to wire these up this weekend!
    Greg
    Red XJ's FTW
    2000 Jeep XJ Classic. 2005 Jeep WK LTD 5.7L. 1992 M101 CDN2 1/4 ton project trailer, CVT Mt Hood RTT. 2009 Coachman 108ST Tent Trailer.
    Follow on Twiter
    My website

____=__=
    l l ,[_____],
    l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Had the same problem PITA.
    O3 Tundra limited with ATTITUDE,extream outback compressor,Ham radios,Motorola XLT 5000 commerical VHF,UHF, lowband,800mgz radios with 100 watt pa system.Dual battries, ,KC daylighters,rock lights,RCD 6" lift,air chucks front and rear,tow truck jumper cables front and rear.CB radio for trail comm.Paramedic truma first aid kit,fire supression kit.09 horizon trailer,Warn 9000 winch. Helton heat exchanger,Lowrance chart plotter,David Clark head set for radios. KI6IGN.Baja design 30" light bar.