Atxrider m416 trailer build

atxrider

Wow, its been a while since I posted anything on here...been too busy camping :sombrero: I have been in Louisiana, Arkansas and around Texas and the trailer has truly been great. I have made a few improvements, so thought I would give an update.

Added d-rings in the front. Stole this idea from another forum member.

dring.jpg

I bought some AT water can holders from a forum member and finally got around to mounting them.

water_cans.jpg

I also bought a stall mat from the local Tractor Supply Co, as I was tired of stuff sliding around on the bedliner. I segmented it into three pieces, as it was pretty heavy and unwieldy as one piece. I also cut a few extra strips off (6" X 30") to use if I get stuck in sand. I actually have already used them several times and they work great.

I still have more plans for the trailer, will post more updates as I finish them.

atxrider

Quite a few updates

Another couple of years have passed and I have made lots of changes to the trailer. I took it to a local welder and had the tongue extended, stabilization legs tacked on and a rear tire carrier built. I have been holding on to a tongue box for a few years and finally got that installed, complete with marine battery, fuse block, 3 dc sockets and a battery monitor. After a trip through the rockies, I replaced the 4 pin wiring with a 7 pin and added electric brakes to the trailer with a Tekonsha controller. I ditched the RTT and went with an oztent rv5 and found a thule cargo box that it fit perfectly in.

Overall, I think I am very close to finishing all of my mods...but it has been great fun to evolve the trailer over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles