Airmonger's LX450 Build

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
Great work so far! I'm really looking forward to getting down into your areas for some exploration in the next few years. :victory:

Airmonger

Adventurer
I got the compressor installed and added some wire split loom to clean up the engine bay. The compressor is wired to a pressure switched so I'm all ready to go when I add an air tank.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327031487.971694.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327031487.971694.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81

expo80

Adventurer
your 80's looking great great build, keep it coming.

Those compressors are great I have been running one for about 6 years now its moved from one truck to another and still going strong.

Airmonger

Adventurer
Not too much to report. I gotta new pair of Husky floor liners. The last pair I got where just the rubber mats that that do nothing to keep rocks and dirt off the carpet.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330393766.434823.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330393766.434823.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 76

Airmonger

Adventurer
Real Update...Really!

With my young children as traveling partners safety most often takes priority when planning the next mod or addition. I needed a way to secure the fridge and other thing in the back of the rig. I got a set of Mac's Tie downs. The 4 foot versa track with 2 extra tie downs to be exact. Now I have my fridge secure and extra mounting points for the rest of the cargo.

IMG_0478.jpg

I also added a tactical iphone holder to my Ipad Ram mount. :sombrero:

IMG_0477.jpg

Airmonger

Adventurer
Some photos from a trip to the Imnaha, Or and the now endangered Wallowa Whitman National Forest with the guys from pnwadventures.com. We made it as far as Hat Point and the trail head to Lords Flat, but my camera died. I can imagine that small towns like Imnaha would be impacted by the closure of the 4200 miles of forest roads.

Waking up on Wallowa Lake
DSCN0735.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

Imnaha River
DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

Post Office.
DSCN0744.jpg

Near Hat Point Look Out.
DSC00566-1.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

Very cool. Bryon does great work on his blog and also covered OX12 a couple of months back, along with our little adventure on Mojave Road to get there. He's currently doing the best coverage I've seen of the OR show.

Are you going to run out of room in your rig with the 5th kid? :)

Thanks for posting the pics.

Airmonger

Adventurer
We only run out of room if I don't remove the Arb fridge. I'm going to decide on a trip by trip basis. What's more important a fridge or a baby?

Airmonger

Adventurer
A big thanks to Ben at www.outbackproven.com . I'm excedingly happy with the bumper and the quality, simplicity and design are top notch.

I was able to get it all mounted this afternoon. There needs to be bright orange letters shouting to mount the latch assembly before installing the bumper as I forgot to do on Friday at 6pm. Other than that it's was a pretty easy install.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345594579.278574.jpg

A Trasharoo will also mount over the Hilift mount in case anyone was wondering.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345594647.373098.jpg

Its kind of hard to see much definition with a clean car and it being so sunny outside. I will try to take some better photos when the ol' girl is all dirty

I am also pretty stoked on the passanger side tire carrier. With my ARB fridge mounted in the back I cannot even see the spare one bit while driving. Also the dual jerry can mount, and the whole bumper in general, mount very flush with the vehicle. The next thing I am lusting after is Kamayer's telescoping work light for the tire carrier. Very rad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior