Expedition Portal: The Land Rover 109 IIA Build

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Glad to see Ralph is being taken care of, it's the one truck I wish I never sold. Just didn't have the money at the time to invest in it!

modrover

Still breathing...
image.jpeg

A nice addition... I finished up fabricating a 3" aluminum raised air intake. Cool clean air is now on the menu. ;)

modrover

Still breathing...
image.jpegyimage.jpeg

Fab'd up jerry can mount has been bolted up... not quite finished, but pleased with it so far. (yes, it's a close fit up top in/out of the garage 😄)

The rear door has the usual spare tire damage so I didn't mind covering a fair bit of the door itself. I'll also be adding a third middle hinge.

modrover

Still breathing...
image.jpeg

Rear Scepter fuel can mount is done. All strapped-up and locked... good and solid. I have also added a full sized easy access shovel to the ladder. Practical additions for any back-40 exploring. ;)

modrover

Still breathing...
The original front headliner finally had it... drooping and rips galore. Plus, that deadening material and tar-like adhesive behind it raining down inside! :D

I decided to just remove the front section of headliner and not replace it. I know it really helps to deaden acoustics and it keeps condensation down, but I've just never been a fan of headliners in Rovers (I did save all the frameworks and screws though). The rear section headliner was actually missing already anyway.

I painstakingly scraped and sanding off that horrid adhesive and gave the front and rear a proper coat of paint. Headliners sections can always be installed later if a person wanted, but I'm happy with out. Oh, the middle section headliner (by the alpine windows is still in good original condition so it stays).

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94