TSB #SU006-07 New Rear Leaf Springs Installled

DesertTaco

I just got my '06 TRD Off-Road DC 4x4 back from the dealer today. They swapped out the old rear 3 leaf springs and replaced them with new 4-leaf units as per the recent TSB.

The new springs raised the rear of the truck exactly 1" and firm up the ride by at least 50-75%. I was experiencing a lot of bottoming out in the rear suspension over "normal" street conditions (speedbumps, cattleguards, etc).

The nose of the truck is noticably low now when compared to the rear. I plan on adding a set of Donahoe coilovers to raise/firm up the front end.

Here is a close-up of the new springs...

992545327_d6a03de153.jpg

I need to make that call and get the TSB done as well. I just need to find the time. I am glad that the springs raise the rear a tad, I am slightly nose high from my 5100s up front.

mmtoy

Adventurer
DesertTaco, which Tucson dealer did you go to? Did you have a good experience with them?

I just ran up to Camp Verde with about 1000 pounds of flagstone in my bed and towing about 3000 pounds of flagstone and other materials, including the trailer weight; tongue weight was about 200 pounds. The truck did wonderfully, but the sagging in the rear wasn't terribly fun, and I don't think it should have been there.

Thanks!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I had that TSB done on my 07 a few weeks ago. It really helped, big differance in the ride and rear sag. Sure was hard to get my dealer to figure out the TSB and get it done.

Has anybody got the new tailgate TSB?

slosurfer

Adventurer
I had it done on my wife's tacoma a couple months ago, rides much better, like a truck again. I also got 4 new shocks when I had mine done.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
slosurfer said:
I had it done on my wife's tacoma a couple months ago, rides much better, like a truck again. I also got 4 new shocks when I had mine done.

You got new shocks even though it was a TRD? I thought only non-TRD got new shocks.

slosurfer

Adventurer
Overland Hadley said:
You got new shocks even though it was a TRD? I thought only non-TRD got new shocks.

That's what I thought also! I was surprised when I called to see what was taking so long and they said it was getting aligned because they put on 4 new shocks. :wings: I wasn't going to argue with new shocks at 10,000 miles on the odometer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne