Who would be interested in a 2012 "End of the World" Maya Rally?

Triumphdog

Adventurer
WOW!!!!! I can't believe I just saw this thread for the first time today. My fiance and I are getting married on Jan 27, 2013 during a full moon in Tulum (if the world doesn't end). We've been tossing around the idea of driving down from San Diego, and meeting our family and friends. This would fit into our plans perfectly!

Howski

I doubt I'd be able to swing this since I'll likely be only a few months into my first job. This would certainly makes this trip a possibility where it didn't make sense before due to the time, money and miles just to get to the west coast. Doubt I'll be able to do but I'll subscribe anyways

dropframe

If it's newb & family friendly I would consider going. My wife is totally pumped for this trip. I would also bring my 11 yo son with us.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Guys,

I got many emails already - thanks for the interest!

I just want to make it clear this event will be as "soft-core" or "hard-core" as you want it to be. It will also be family friendly, no problem.

We will most likely have a couple of offroad tracks around the site for those who wants to push the limit, but the rally itself is doable in any vehicle you want to use.

Personally, my neighbor has a 1990 Lincoln Towncar Limousine that he may want to get rid of....could be a comfy ride to drive down...

:)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Could someone please buy this and drive it down to Guatemala? If you do, I promise free entry and a special prize at the end...

:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330686969286+&viewitem=

z1.jpg

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I wonder if that is the same one I saw down by the Overland Expo site a couple of years ago?
It is the same color and I can't imagine there are too many of them around.

What a crazy fun rig that would be. Then again my 1 legged self would break my 1 good hip trying to get in & out :)

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
That thing is sooo funky and super cool at the same time. It needs tons of work but it could be made to live again.

I will make somebody a deal, you buy it and I will fix it up and then deliver it to Guatemala. Fixing it and delivering it is on your dime though. I would love to see the look on some cops faces when you came rolling up in that thing, that alone is nearly worth the price of admission.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
That thing is sooo funky and super cool at the same time. It needs tons of work but it could be made to live again.

I will make somebody a deal, you buy it and I will fix it up and then deliver it to Guatemala. Fixing it and delivering it is on your dime though. I would love to see the look on some cops faces when you came rolling up in that thing, that alone is nearly worth the price of admission.

I may take you up on this...my fiancee and I were just talking about how this thing would attract the most attention ever.
It would have to be ready for Burning Man though....

I don't think the mechanical components would be difficult to fix/replace - there is really not that much about it. Imagine with slightly larger wheels and tires "a la Baja"...then just add a bed in the back, and an Engel fridge, some new seats and you are good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94