Thread: Who would be interested in a 2012 "End of the World" Maya Rally?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian P. View Post
    just to keep everyone in the loop...here where we stand now:

*snip*
    Awesome! I knew this would really start shaping up into an event as some time went by. The only thing that comes to mind is...geez this is going to be a one-time rally. If all goes well it certainly could lead to more of them but the end of the world theme would not suit.

I think you should roll in that Trans Am with the mustache! That would really rock!

I have got some things in the works that may be on the big side of things for the rally. Vehicle, sponsors, ect but not saying anything until it is solid.

Regardless, I am planning to buy the Subaru sitting next to my house specifically for the rally. That should happen in 1-2 months. I then will start a build thread on it and plan to have the car prep'ed and ready to go for the event by October at the latest.

It would be awesome to take a truck more kitted out but that is not going to happen for me in time so doing the cheap rally car thing.
    My YouTube channel
    1991 FJ80: Vortec 5.7L v8, FZJ80 locked axles, 4L60e trans, split case and plenty more!
    1988 FJ62: TD-S/C-I/C diesel, NV4500, Atlas T-case, portal axles, FZJ80 chassis and lot's more! A long term work in progress.

man, i am so excited about this, just need to get to work finding myself a co-pilot.
    Robert
    KG6BRB (Radio Installed finally, now trying to learn to use it)
    2006 Tacoma Access Cab (SLOW build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=36561)

We have two teams coming down from Alaska driving Land Rovers, hope we make it
    Make your time count "AS YOU CAN'T COUNT ON TIME"

This event is really coming together.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by clcoyle View Post
    This event is really coming together.
    You joining the SoCal Team?
    Member #203

Adventures in and out of your vehicle: AMERICAN ADVENTURIST

For those of you who have never been to Guanajuato (where the Rally will start...), check this video submitted to our video contest:

Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christian P. View Post
    For those of you who have never been to Guanajuato (where the Rally will start...), check this video submitted to our video contest:

Great footage, congrats! Really cool that they visited some cantinas!

That narrow road they rode down can also be down by car with a normal wheelbase not to long to make the L turns, there are several similar to that one but that one is one of the most popular ones.
    Minority Racer
    www.MinorityRacer.com
    The first and only minority team in the world racing & finishing rock & desert motorsports, drag racing, plus rally!

my next question is, since this is a 9 day rally, or as it appears at least what will camping be like? will it be just wherever you stop, will there be sanctioned stops, Ie group sites? (i think this would be the most fun option), and will there be a spot set up at the end where we can park for a day or 2 and enjoy the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1771 View Post
    my next question is, since this is a 9 day rally, or as it appears at least what will camping be like? will it be just wherever you stop, will there be sanctioned stops, Ie group sites? (i think this would be the most fun option), and will there be a spot set up at the end where we can park for a day or 2 and enjoy the area?
    Cody

Sorry I missed your question. there will be camping available at the beginning and at the end for sure, and we will provide suggestions alongg the way.
    there won't be any sanctioned stops but we'll plan a few group sites along the way. I am afraid they won't be much time to enjoy as we have activities pretty much every day, but after the rally we will head to Belize for some relaxing time.
    Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

Default Potential Route

Here is a map of one of the potential routes we are looking into - of course no one will be obligated to follow it...

Maya Rally Route Option.jpg
    Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast