Kermit Chair

otiswesty

Regular guy
I bought a pair of Kermit chairs a number of years ago after seeing the Overland Journal article. No leg extensions. The go great with the small Snow Peak table BTW.

Recently, one of the bars on a chair broke and they sent me a replacement part for no charge. Can't say enough good things about a stand up company like this that makes high quality products in the USA and has a robust warranty policy.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I'm trying to decide on ordering one of the new "Wide" models and have my eye on walnut instead of oak. Says it's 21 inches wide, but I'm a rotund fellow. Anyone got pictures of a large dude in either the standard or wide models?

Or, is there anyone in the area of 6 foot and 260 that can provide some feedback?

segona

Observer
I have been using a pair of Kermit chairs since 2007 ... no broke down yet .... still do their job flawlessly .

tatanka48

I'm trying to decide on ordering one of the new "Wide" models and have my eye on walnut instead of oak. Says it's 21 inches wide, but I'm a rotund fellow. Anyone got pictures of a large dude in either the standard or wide models?

Or, is there anyone in the area of 6 foot and 260 that can provide some feedback?

only 5'11" butt tilt the scales @ 275#

the original(only option way back when...) is snugg on this ole LARDUSS BOTTOMUSS MAXIMUSS butt is doable

once you learn the trick of tilting fwd to get out you've got 'er licked

i think i'm reading they now offer a WIDE LOAD model which sure would be nice(specially for only a $10 premium)

i've sat in it on top of the Continental Divide down to the Beaches along the Gulf Coast

got my original well over 10 years ago for M/C touring and have never regretted the expenditure

T

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Well, I ordered a wide-walnut Kermit with extensions, cup holders, and the upgrade bag. This is a lot of money for a camp chair at over $400.00 with shipping...but if it truly is comfortable, packs small, reliable, and repairable with a lifetime warranty I will be happy. Hopefully.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Well, I ordered a wide-walnut Kermit with extensions, cup holders, and the upgrade bag. This is a lot of money for a camp chair at over $400.00 with shipping...but if it truly is comfortable, packs small, reliable, and repairable with a lifetime warranty I will be happy. Hopefully.

My new Kermit (walnut-wide) showed up today. I opened it up, read the instructions, put it together....and the lower bow snapped 20 minutes in. It worked fine with the leg extensions on. Very comfortable. I took the extensions off and sat in it. Fine. Then I straightened my legs out while in the low position. Snap.

Sent them an email and we will see what he says. The website says that they have a 30 day money-back guarantee, but you have to pay return shipping. Site also says that warranty repairs need the whole chair to go back to them...buyer pays shipping.

Since they charged me $34.00 shipping to get it here it sounds like no matter what I'm going to be screwed for $70.00 shipping on a brand new $400.00 purchase. Hopefully they will just ship me a new bow.

Really bummed out. I weight 250 and the chair is rated for 350. Anybody else heard of a Kermit breaking? The Internet hasn't. The instructions didn't say anything about "Don't sit in it this way...or that way, etc.". :sneaky:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Kermit has awesome customer service. They contacted me today and offered a couple of different options to make it right. I've sent the chair back to exchange it for an oak model (they paid shipping). He explained that oak was stronger, walnut is lighter.

So, I have high hopes that this will work out. Great company to work with!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94