edgestar FP63 Temp sensor

TimS

Adventurer
My FP63 has been giving me a 5c display for a while now. I finally had a chance to check things out. I found that the temp sensor seems to be the problem. I unhooked the sensor and attached a radiant floor infloor temp sensor. The fridge fired right up. I put it through a few cycles and it seemed to work good. Of course the control is not getting the true temp due the fact that the radiant sensor has a different resistance to it. Hope that makes sense. It did however help solve the problem.
So, has anyone replace a edgestar sensor probe? If so is any advice? I have a new one on the way.
Thanks

bat

Explorer
Search Edgestar 5c and you should find some info on it, basically it is poor factory connections.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
tim, 5c is displayed when there is no signal being recieved from the sensor, you'll find if you simply unplug the sensor from a good working unit it will display 5c. it happened to me and it turned out to be a faulty solder on the pc board. easy fix. why it runs with a different sensor i dont know, not that smart.

TimS

Adventurer
Thanks Clay. I will also check the PC board. The new sensor will be here tommorow. If the new sensor makes it run the way its suppose to than we should be good to go. Getting it in the spot where its suppose to go is going to be a trick I think. I am going to pm a member who I think has done it.
Thanks again

Xterabl

Adventurer
EDIT: below applies to 43qt.

I have accidentally cut my sensor wire by cutting the textured aluminum shell liner (don't ask why I was doing this!). The sensor is sandwiched between the aluminum shell liner and the spray foam insulation. It runs along the "step" for the compressor, then, when it reaches the wall wit the hinges on it, it runs down the step to the floor, and maybe several inches along the wall t reach the middle of the wall or cooler. Again, this is all *behind* the aluminum liner...I don't really see how you can replace it to be just like factory.

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
I did it with a dremel and some engineering. we cleaned out a spot in the spray foam the was along the side wall of the deep well of the fridge and the step. attached it will aluminum tape and then used foodstuff spray foam to re-fill the area. once the foam dried we cut and leveled it and resealed the opening with aluminum tape. been working fine since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz