Forum Rules: READ BEFORE POSTING
Here are the rules for posting something for sale on Expedition Portal
This section is for forum members to sell individual items that they already own.
If you are a company wanting to sell items as part of your revenue generating business, if you are an individual selling a large number of the same items or repeatedly selling the same type of items, or if you are a non-profit pursuing donations you will need to first contact us to become a contributing sponsor of Expedition Portal. For details and contact information please visit http://expeditionportal.com/partner-with-us.
If there is any question regarding the validity of your sale or your status as a non-contributing business your thread will be locked and you will be contacted for further clarification.
You are considered to be a business if you:
1. Are trying to sell any products not in your immediate possession
2. Are trying to sell a single product which is NEW and in a quantity greater than 5 units
3. Are trying to sell a single product which is USED in a quantity greater than 10 units
4. Repeatedly sell similar items on a regular basis
5. Reference your own website external to your post for more information, products or services
6. Have a post count less than 50.
Group buy policy:
Group buys are not allowed on Expedition Portal unless previously approved by the administration. The exception to this rule is obscure or difficult to acquire items which our supporting sponsors do not carry, and that would be otherwise unavailable for purchase (for example, a widget for a Toyota LJ78 that has to be imported from Japan). When in doubt, please ask an admin in advance.
Valid for sale posts by forum members:
1. Must be expedition related, or equipment used in support of an expedition or adventure (for example, the advertising on land for sale would not be appropriate, but a kayak would be; firearms, ammunition or weapons are not permitted)
2. Must include the physical location of the item, for example: Casa Grande, Arizona, USA
3. Must include a complete description of the item, including the asking price
4. Must include any known defects or concerns on the items (this is a critical point, as you are selling an item to someone who will likely use it in a remote location, and their safety may depend on it)
5. Negotiations and personal information should be exchanged via email or PM, not in the thread
6. Please clearly mark the thread as "SOLD" in the title and/or the first post once the item(s) have sold
7. Want to Buy (aka WTB) ads are also acceptable
Here is an example:
FOR SALE: 1998 Isuzu Trooper S
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona, USA
Description: 4wd Trooper with G80 limited slip diff., Viair Compressor, 235/85 R16 tires, Hella Map light, dog barrier, load liners, all power options, automatic transmission.
Known Problems: Rear pinion seal leaks, rear trailing arm bent, all service performed but vehicle was used off-highway frequently.
Last edited by Chazz Layne; 12-10-2014 at 06:07 PM.