Loading topos onto NUVI 1300?

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I found a Garmin Nuvi 1300 that I won at a banquet about 2 years ago sitting in a drawer this weekend and have read some threads on here about loading topos from GPSfiledepot on the NUVI units for use off road. How do I do this.
Do I need an SD micro card or does the unit have some base memory to load files. The AZ topo map I tried to download was a tgz filename and does not seem to be recognized by the Garmin software I have...do I need additional software...sorry lots of newb questions...I am used to a road atlas
Thanks
Matt

DesertXJ

Observer
I found a Garmin Nuvi 1300 that I won at a banquet about 2 years ago sitting in a drawer this weekend and have read some threads on here about loading topos from GPSfiledepot on the NUVI units for use off road. How do I do this.
Do I need an SD micro card or does the unit have some base memory to load files. The AZ topo map I tried to download was a tgz filename and does not seem to be recognized by the Garmin software I have...do I need additional software...sorry lots of newb questions...I am used to a road atlas
Thanks
Matt

Try this Matt,
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior