1983 Toyota Pickup

Noobie

Year: 1983
Price: $6,000 no trades

Reason: Never really drove it.

Up for sale is y 83 toyota pickup. 3" procomp lift, 4.7 inchworm and 4.56 on 32s. Truck is from Atlanta, GA. Picked it up Sep 2010. I regret losing historical paper work on the truck in a rental. Oh well life sucks. Put about 3,000 miles since then besides the drive back from GA. Drives great on the freeway!!! I drive the truck once in a blue moon to work at Great Lakes, IL from Milwaukee. This is not my winter truck. I have a camry with winter tires that saves a lot in gas. Truck gets about 17 mpg mix driving. A/C works, heat works, carb is great (never touch since I bought it). Motor was rebuilt from the last owner (lost paperwork like I said) along with new clutch, a/c recharge, t-case. Last owner said he used redline everything, haven't verified.

What I have done since my owner ship. Change oil (mobil 1 syn) and filter, new rear drive shaft (last one was orginal and snapped on the free way to work). New drive shaft has been great was going to look into new shims but for the miles I put on it wasn't a big deal for me.

Issues:
speedometer - doesn't work since drive shaft snapped. Have an extra one, never bother to put it in. Once you are in 5th gear you will be at about 55mph so do the math in each gear and the way you like to drive.

There is some rust on the bed. Otherwise everything else is great.

Currently in the garage under winter storage. I didn't know a single thing about any truck at all besides seeing them on the street. I haven't learned much since the truck was trouble free besides what I had mention.

Pic
YotaTruck.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

Noobie

^Thanks.

It's a good start to build it how you want. I was going to start modding it but my brother kept telling me to wait and keep it as orginal as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles