on the road again

blackduck

Explorer
WHAT PRICE A FISH DINNER ?[/[/SIZE]B]

pulled up in Gladstone for a couple of days, camped right next to the water but unfortunatley it didnt lend itself to fishing from the shoreline
but the dragon likes the idea of fresh fish for dinner
so off with the boat
(gladstone) camp.jpg
this is achieved by firstly off loading the bike
rolling the tinnie off the roof
remove the inflatable (thats the blue bag and weighs just short of 35kg)
unload the outboard and fuel tank
then the hardest part of all pull everything out to get to the boats gear
all this in mid 30's
luckily i caught dinner, and it was so good we stayed for a week ended up eating fish every night
makes it all worthwhile
its a great spot and id recommend it to anyone passing through
(gladstone) bay from pier.jpg

blackduck

Explorer
Mt Augustus and the Kennedy Ranges
the roads are a tad on the choppy side due to last years floods but the drive was well worth it

Attachments

• (kennedy range) honeycombe gorge (2).jpg
    (kennedy range) honeycombe gorge (2).jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 18
  • (mt augustus) from emu hill lookout.jpg
    (mt augustus) from emu hill lookout.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27

bptp7270

Adventurer
Hi Stu,

Great scenery! I always love the deep red of the soil and blue of the sky in outback photos.

Anthony

blackduck

Explorer
anthony
me too these places are absolutley awesome at sunrise and sunset - this is mt augusta at sunset

WRT the deep red soil
the 6 hours it took to clean the truck of said deep red soil kinda makes it all worth while :victory:

Attachments

• (mt augustus) sunset.jpg
    (mt augustus) sunset.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 17

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Stu , Where are you now? Heading South from Gladstone or still in the West?

Photos look great. Thanks for posting.

Regards John

Last edited:

blackduck

Explorer
Where are you now?

hi john long time no hear

we are still in WA about to leave Carnarvon after a good week touring the arid regions
the "Gladstone" was in WA about 150K south of Cranarvon - nice spot, good fishing
our destination, Exmouth eventaully for our last spell of serioius diving before snapping handbag country
we still plan on making Darwin by the end pf the year, then a slow trip across the top

blackduck

Explorer
Magnificent shot. Is that one frame cropped or several images stitched together?

Anthony
the sunset pic of Mt Augustus is stiched
since some numpty dropped his 80mm lense emmiting a heartbreaking cracking sound I now have to use my 200mm lense for default shooting
for stitch shots its not much of a drama although you can see the overlaps
for long single shots like the truck in front of mt augustus it means a 3 day hike to get far enough away

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
hi john long time no hear

Hi Stu. Yeah.....been under the pump the last few weeks. Not much time for socializing so I am even more green with envy everytime I look at your travel snaps. I might have said to you once before that aside from home, the region between Geraldton and Exmouth is my favourite area in the whole of Oz. It was even better cruizin' up and down that coast standing on the deck of a fishing boat too. The water around there is simply teeming with life.

the "Gladstone" was in WA about 150K south of Cranarvon - nice spot, good fishing
our destination,

Doh. That makes more sense.

we are still in WA about to leave Carnarvon after a good week touring the arid regions

Are you going to get to Red Bluff, Quobba Satation and Gnarloo Station? Red Bluff should only be something like 70k's up the road North from you now. Some insane fishing there (and waves).....every time we went for a spear though we got chased out by Noahs. Actually have done some diving on the reefs around the Abrohlos too.....that's a place you'd go to if your boat was a little bigger. I guess they must be 30nm off Kalbarri....again plenty of Noahs but insane fishing especially when the Spanish are passing through. Lot's of Blue Bone Snapper and Dhufish too.

Did I show you that pic of our campsite at Red Bluff before?

Last edited:

blackduck

Explorer
.....been under the pump the last few weeks.

sorry to hear that john, even though I enjoy work i'd hate to do it for a living,
hows this for an idea
going by the interest my truck gets as i travel around rough as it is
I think it a prudent move if ATW set you up with a vehicle and pay you to travel round the country showing off the product to the travelling public
never know might even sell an extra truck or 2
just a thought

Are you going to get to Red Bluff, Quobba Satation

we head off for quobba tomorrow, not to sure where to from there but it will be north,
not to sure about the red bluff pic, you did publish some coastline pics a while ago but id like to see it anyway

fg4oz

Adventurer
Great photos. I went around in 2003. It's a beautiful place WA. Now I got my dream tour vehicle , but it will be a while before we can do a trip like that. Looking forward to fixing my ride in the canter next week. Enjoy the good weather.

blackduck

Explorer
quobba which is just a tad north of carnarvon
its home to a spectacular set of blowholes
to maintain the theme i thought id park the truck in frame and wait, and wait, and weait
the minute the swell came up and the blowhole spouted some numpty walked into my shot
so ive added one from the edge of the reef to prove it really happenstruck at pt quobba (1).jpg(quobba) blowholes (1).jpg

blackduck

Explorer
Running along the spine of the peninsula up to exmouth is Cape Range it doesnt look like much from ground level but once you get up on to the scenery is stunning
(exmouth) panorama over gorge w truck.jpg
(exmouth) cape range gorge panorama.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles