DSC02626.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02627.JPG
    DSC02627.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I have topo maps of Ca,Or,Nv,and Az. purchased from Race radios.
PCI race radios.com 1-800-969-5636 ca,nevada,az,oregon,,topo@street-pn1904 -112.32 shipped they have more gps units too..

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know with 100% certainty the Elite 5M/Elite series will display MapCreate 7 topo data files? For whatever reason, like many of the strange things Lowrance (Garmin too) did/does, they changed from SD card to MicroSD card for the Elite 5M.

FWIW: The very same topo map files, MapCreate 7, rendered very differently on my Baja 540C and the HDS5. I found that to be, again, very strange given the similarity of both units.

Edit: George at PCI Radios just told me the Elite 5M will display the MapCreate 7 topo files. You just need to have them on a Micro SD card for the Elite 5M.

Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
DSC02628.JPGDSC02629.JPGYES THE 5M HAS A MINI SD CARD. I just did a quick mounting of the unit. I used a ram mount and drilled 2 small holes in the quick release handle on the unit,seems pretty solid. This is just a test area to mount,I kinda like it where it is so my eyes do not leave the windshield area. The second area was just above the control heads for the radios.

Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Mounted up a hocky puck type of antenna on the roof today,what else to do but drill holes in your roof!!! Ran the cables ect to the dash all nice and clean, now to paint the antenna with a non matallic paint to match the trucks color or black. Photos to come.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I thought the Elite 5 was like the HDS5 in that it had a built in antenna? The built in antenna in the HDS5 I had worked very well...better in fact than my Baja 540c with the external antenna puck.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Yes it does have a internal antenna, I also like having the outside antenna also for back up.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
We use the unit on our Bradshaw trail trip over the 3day weekend and it was FLAWLESS IN OPERATION.Very percise and even showed some things I did not expect. Great unit and I am very please with it.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
That is what I am looking to do once I get another F350. what would reallly be cool (and what I an planning to do) is to use all the NEMA2000 sensors to monitor your rig through your chartplotter (fuel, engine temps, etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles