Java's Trailer build

java

Expedition Leader
tongue finished

truck box

suspension back on

did i mention its cold and snowing?! no heat or insulation in my garge......

java

Expedition Leader
I used POR15 on a bunch of metal on my rig and didn't paint over it. 3 years later I need to redo it, so maybe paint it.

Is it peeling or rusting thru? The Guy at the paint store said it just turns chaulky but shouldn't affect the paint.

java

Expedition Leader
got a bit more done, tailgate chains, ill put some webbing over the chains so it doesnt beat the paint to death.

sealed all the possible seams with sikaflex. looks like hell but ill get covered with teh bed liner. and hopefully it doesnt leak if i can ever find a tonneau cover for this size bed...... awesome stuff too, polyurethane based that is waterproof doesnt mind UV, and stays flexible, and sticks like nothing else.

put the front of the bed on, need a few more longer bolts.

java

Expedition Leader
bed liner came today, maybe if i get a good not rainey day next week ill spray it

electrical done in the tongue box, wont want to finish the rest untill its pained so the tongue box is easy to remove.

made new tail lights, the stock ones were trashed.

mounted

java

Expedition Leader
That is looking so sweet. I like the lights. They look nice with the shape of the tub. keep
up the great job.
Thanks! I think they look good too.

But I should have ordered a 8' trailer plug lead instead of the 6'.......... its about 8" short on a hard jacknife :( ill have to find a coiled extension I guess.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I did the same thing with mine. They need to let you buy them as long as 10 feet in length.
It is easier to take away than it is to add to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior