Java's Trailer build

java

Expedition Leader
Got to experience the joy of splicing 7 conductor wire. But now I can jacknife both ways.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
good looking project, i go back and fourth between making a trailer out of a truck bed like this or a military trailer.

ericvs

very cool trailer build. You need to do something cool with the fuel tank filler on the side of the trailer. Maybe a water fill spot or something.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I was thinking of a truck bed trailer to match my 2002 GMC sierra.
The local recyclers beds came in two varieties in Pennsylvania.

1. Rusty and shot!
2. Southern and expensive $1200.00 for a take off bed.

I went with a $500.00 Military trailer and like it.

You have done a great job with your trailer, can't wait to see the finished result.

java

Expedition Leader
I was thinking of a truck bed trailer to match my 2002 GMC sierra.
The local recyclers beds came in two varieties in Pennsylvania.

1. Rusty and shot!
2. Southern and expensive $1200.00 for a take off bed.

I went with a $500.00 Military trailer and like it.

You have done a great job with your trailer, can't wait to see the finished result.

Yeah I had a hard time finding a bed too. Found a tundra with a 8' bed but they wanted 800 for the back half. Finally found this one, it was cry rusty but the price was right

java

Expedition Leader
very cool trailer build. You need to do something cool with the fuel tank filler on the side of the trailer. Maybe a water fill spot or something.
I'd like to eventually put a gas tank back in. But the whole filler is really easy to take on and off so I may put the charge plug in there for the time being once I get a battery.

EverRidesurf

Observer
Subscribed! I have that same trailer I use as a utility trailer and been watching to see how it can be converted into a camper/off road trailer.
Very cool.

java

Expedition Leader
Subscribed! I have that same trailer I use as a utility trailer and been watching to see how it can be converted into a camper/off road trailer.
Very cool.

sweet! its going to be a more utility trailer but with some camping goodies.

quick link for the safety chains and trailer jack.

the illusive tie downs :)

Dirtytires

Explorer
I like the tie down idea. A lot better than having straps hanging all over the side of the trailer scratching it up and
being a catch for twigs and all. Looking pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz