Seeking some rack rails for my topper. Any advice on specific brands?

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
I haven't done a ton of research on these and was wondering if guys here could give me some advice on a rack rail system that I can install on my topper. I was looking at these at one time, but am unsure whether or not there might be something better out there:

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/thule-truck-rack-tracks-60inch.html

My goal is to have the rails, a couple of cross bars, and a removable basket, as well as some towers and bars for the cab of the truck to better haul my kayaks when the basket is off.

Any help is appreciated!

Sea&Xc

The Yakima and Thule tracks are the same. There is a slight difference in the hardware used to mount to track to the roof but they are very similiar. Just make sure you buy the correct kit for a fiberglass cap. Some of the shorter track kits are designed to mount through metal roofs. Whispbar also makes a track system which is quite a bit stronger.
The biggest difference is the towers that mount to tracks. The Thule Tracker system uses an ellipical washer which gives minimal contact within the track. Yakima Control Tower and Landing Pads uses a rectanglular plate which grabs more of the track. Whispbar has 2 options, a Universal Track and the Whispbar track fit. Neither option will fit in the Thule/Yakima track but the Whispbar hardware is pretty burly. Whispbar also has a HD version which adds a bit of height but also strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz