LC 60 series gets Dodge running gear and Cummins motor

haven

Expedition Leader
JD Fabrication is a custom shop in Escondido CA. They are rebuilding a Toyota Land Cruiser 60 Series SUV using the Cummins diesel, Dana 60 and 80 axles and other running gear from a 1990s Dodge 2500 pickup. They are fabricating a long travel coilover suspension, and adding a full interior roll cage. The web site has no description of the project, but there are many photos of their progress. From the photos, it looks like they are also adding some ExPo gear, including an ARB refrigerator.

Here's the link to the photos
http://jdfabrication.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=92

Anyone know more about this project?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
ExPo has their own gear? An an ARB fridgerator is one of them. ExPo buy out ARB? ;) :D

Pretty neat build, that steering setup is very trick, zero bumpsteer throughout the long travel and still mechanical linkage for road legality I'm assuming. Guessing their goal is a go-fast chase rig capable of towing a trailer or dragging out a broken race truck?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Being a Mac guy I'm flash-player challenged so I couldn't get past the home page... If they are using the D60 out of a Ram, please tell me they got rid of the stupid unit bearings! I hate those things with a passion. Nothing says dumb like taking a $20 bearing and making it cost $200!

Sounds like a cool build though... Nothing makes me happier than the words "Land Cruiser and 12v Cummins"!

chet

island Explorer
thats is friggin nice! trailing arm steering as well! should be a cool go fast truck when done.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Beautiful conversion, and wow:Wow1:that Toyota looks totally `Bling Bling´ but how does such a thin framed truck handle the enormous torque of a Cummins?:ylsmoke:

ExpoMike

WOW! Looking like a very sweet project but I can't even imagine what the cost to do this rig is going to end up at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94