Expedition Portal Visits The SHOT Show - Live Updates

BPage

Adventurer
Any sight of the Kel Tec KSG shotgun? It is suppose to be released as of 2011, however I don't know any site that has them?

Any sight of the ATI AR-14 shotgun upper for the AR series rifles?

Thanks.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Any sight of the Kel Tec KSG shotgun? It is suppose to be released as of 2011, however I don't know any site that has them?

Any sight of the ATI AR-14 shotgun upper for the AR series rifles?

Thanks.

We're trying to track this stuff down the best we can! But it's a huge show!

shogun

Adventurer
x2. This seems completely irrelevant to 'overland travel' ... and I'm a shooter.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

There is generally alot to be gleaned from cross-discipline research. Firearms themselves are relevant in that personal safety is a fact of life, and more so when on the road. That being said, in case you havent seen SHOT, a large portion (1/3-1/2) of the floor space is non-firearms related. All sorts of outdoor (as in the title) gear, clothing, footwear, packs, tents, cookware, lighting etc.

No, it is very relevant.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
I am there as well and have to agree. There is quite a bit of stuff that is very relevant to overlanding. Great gear, clothes, shoes, sleeping bags, packs, etc.

The place is huge and 3 days is not enough time.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

There is generally alot to be gleaned from cross-discipline research. Firearms themselves are relevant in that personal safety is a fact of life, and more so when on the road. That being said, in case you havent seen SHOT, a large portion (1/3-1/2) of the floor space is non-firearms related. All sorts of outdoor (as in the title) gear, clothing, footwear, packs, tents, cookware, lighting etc.

No, it is very relevant.

ethernectar

Adventurer
Didn't make it this year, or last for that matter. Probably go next year. I'm the Creative Director at 5.11 and our catalog gets printed next week, so my focus has been on that. Its a great show!

DonBeasley

Adventurer
At first I thought they were using them to pick up brochures but most seem to be very lightweight. Maybe a jacket or something in them. Any yes everyone seems to have them as well as tactical pants.

Next year they all show up with tac helmets!!!!

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Check out the J Allen Enterprise booth if you can and get some good pics of the JAE-700 Chasis system...I am about 7 months into my 10 month lead time...cannot wait!

5000021_f520.jpg

I have one of these. But I have my Springfield M21 308 semi-auto in there. Be sure to get yours engraved to personalize it. Amazing quality!

MattScott

Approved Vendor
We're about to head back for day two of the SHOT show - Expect some more detailed, higher resolution photos today.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Best of Day One:

MAT_4236.jpg

Have you ever wanted thermal imaging on your vehicle?
MAT_4240.jpg

It would work great for SAR.
MAT_4248.jpg

Maxpedition is releasing it's new Tactical Gear Retractor - with a kevlar tether it seems stoutly made.
MAT_4253.jpg

Pelican is releasing a new line of backpacks.
MAT_4255.jpg

They're also releasing a line of protective cases for tablets, such as this iP
MAT_4258.jpg

Pelican is also starting to offer more LED lighting.
MAT_4270.jpg

Being it is the SHOT show, it would be inappropriate to not show any firearms.
MAT_4277.jpg

Nice shotguns.
MAT_4286.jpg

Perfect decor for your man cave.
MAT_4289.jpg

LEDWave was on hand with their lighting systems.
MAT_4291.jpg

There was a variety of good products to keep your valuables safe.
MAT_4292.jpg

Mauser was on hand with a few new Rifles and vintage models.
MAT_4293.jpg

The Minox 5.1 'Vintage Vintage' SLR.
MAT_4294.jpg

Powerflare has some interesting LED Safety Products.
MAT_4296.jpg

Submersible and still going.
MAT_4304.jpg

The new MP-7 from Heckler and Koch.
MAT_4311.jpg

Watershed has some great new products, including this unit that allows full use of your touchscreen phone, while providing waterproof protection.
MAT_4312.jpg

It also has room for stuff, and things.
MAT_4315.jpg

All while rolling into a compact size.
MAT_4316.jpg

Watershed has also created a waterproof and functional carrying case for your GOALZERO equipment.
MAT_4317.jpg

With room to store your electronics being charged.
MAT_4319.jpg

Brian's favorite Watershed bag.
MAT_4321.jpg

Watershed also unveiled a unit to protect your iPad, while allowing it to retain its functionality.
MAT_4325.jpg

One of my favorite items from the show is the Watershed backpack.
MAT_4326.jpg

It has an insert that allows you to safely store photographic and other equipment.

A more thorough Benchmade update will be coming shortly, including a video of some yet unreleased product.

More updates will come shortly as we return to LIVE updates from SHOT 2012

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles