One Lucky Guy Takes two Beautiful Females to the Eastern Sierra

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
What a nice way to start posting here on the Portal. Thanks for the trip report, well done sir!

Sempertoy

Explorer
That looks like it was a blast! I really hope to make it to yosemite before I leave CA, I might have to get some tips from you.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Nice report, can't believe how little snow there is up there right now! Funnel lake is a bit underwhelming. Never even got a bite there, other than mosquito's! Fun playing with those little Marlin 795's ain't it?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Very nice report. Gorgeous area! Not surprised to see so much snow in June. Here in CO most of the high-country trails don't open until July or even August.

T O Double D

Thanks for the welcome everybody. This seems like a cool place with good people, info and stories.

Cheers!

Wow...nice trip. Great taste in bikes, too :ylsmoke: . Gotta love the Katoom.

Yep! I've had a BMW 1200GSA and HATED it. Then I got a 950 Super Enduro. Most bad *** bike ever produced. Rode it hard before it was stolen. Now the 640 is serving me well.

That looks like it was a blast! I really hope to make it to yosemite before I leave CA, I might have to get some tips from you.

There's not much actually in Yosemite, but the eastern Sierra holds a ton of great off pavement exploring. Death Valley as well. I've spent a fair amount of time out there and would be happy to point you in the right direction of some fun stuff.

Nice report, can't believe how little snow there is up there right now! Funnel lake is a bit underwhelming. Never even got a bite there, other than mosquito's! Fun playing with those little Marlin 795's ain't it?

That's a bummer about fishing at Funnel lake, although it's to be expected I guess. Fresh water fishing has always been about drinking beer, good conversation, and beautiful scenery for me. Saltwater is when I take the fishing seriously.

Good eye on the Marlin. Yep, they're great little guns.

FJ Saints Fan

Awesome!!!!!

Awesome trip report. I'm looking for great places to go explore up in that area for photography and fun. Really helpful and informative, can't wait to get out there. Hope to see you on the trail.

mrwizard

Adventurer
Just drove from Boise to SoCal a few months ago along the Eastern Sierra. All I could think about while on 395 was how awesome it would be to explore all those dirt double tracks I was whizzing by. Looks awesome.

monkeytrick

cool report....been up to coyote flats numerous times on the KTM. nothing like stopping at rocky bottom lake for lakeside lunch. good times.

nat

Adventurer
Cool trip report! I live just over the hill from you. I like camping up at laurel Lakes, fun place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles