Cadac Safari Chef Grill

cactusjk

Explorer
The changes are cosmetic!

When I click through to add the Safari Chef Grill on the Cadac USA website to the shopping cart, it comes up model 5025, not 6541HP.

http://www.safari-chef.com/cadac-safari-chef.html

And the "HP" has a lower shipping weight than the alleged "lightweight" model. I cannot be sure but I think they are the same thing. Wouldn't be the first time Amazon has multiple listings of the same item. Or maybe the South African version has a different part number than the US version, I don't know. I can't see any difference in the pictures.

Javelinadave

Adventurer
Thank you to everybody who contributes to this site. I buy more gear due to all your reviews, and they're always spot on. I just ordered this grill from Amazon ($67.50 shipped) and I know it will fit my bill perfectly.
Thanks,
Dave

sbwrench

Observer
Im thinking of getting one of these, how have they been holding up for the ones who have had and used them for awhile?

Tbars

Adventurer
..I use mine regular and I am still a fan as it stays in the truck full time..

..It's held up fine and draws lots of attention from passers by..I guess most are surprised it can do so many things and quite quickly..

..It's great if you are cooking for 1-2 maybe 3 people and easy cleanup..If not, I bring my camp stove along and cook with it and the Cadac at the same time..

...I know a few looking for them but I only see them for about $120 anymore..:(

Just found it on Amazon for 98.50 free shiping..
http://www.amazon.com/Cadac-6541HP-Safari-Portable-Cooking/dp/B00173CGVK

Last edited:

Richietherocket

Adventurer
These look really cool but one question - what type of gas cyclinder does it use?
Colemen or Cadac? There is nothing on their US website. Looks like they have some cool accessories on the UK website though.

Currently Amazon has it on sale for 83 plus free shipping.

Thanks

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
It uses the standard Coleman type propane gas cylinder although you can buy an adapter hose with a POL fitting to connect to your LP tank.

kai38

Explorer
I borrowed one from a friend at the EXPO because of windy conditions and cooked two good sized pork loins in it using very little charcoal.
I was able to sit it inside my M416 with a RTT over and the lid on the COBB never got hot to the touch, I was worried about melting the underside of the tent.
I'm thinking of getting one to use with the trailer.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I borrowed one from a friend at the EXPO because of windy conditions and cooked two good sized pork loins in it using very little charcoal.
I was able to sit it inside my M416 with a RTT over and the lid on the COBB never got hot to the touch, I was worried about melting the underside of the tent.
I'm thinking of getting one to use with the trailer.

Wrong stove... this uses propane gas. But it is round like the Cobb.

Zam15

Explorer
Used mine several times and works great! Although when you BBQ it seems to take forever, especially compared to my old lager grill.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I like the Cadac, lot's of capability in a small package. There are times I have wished for a second burner, so I just bought a Grasshopper as an auxiliary stove when needed, that takes up very little room when not needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior