Question, Tracks to slide seats/bench?

Abitibi

Explorer
Hi all,

I'm in need to modify the seating arrangement in my Nissan Patrol. I'm building a flat steel base to accept a bench instead of the current middle seats at the back. I want this bench to move back and forth on a track about 37" long (minus about 22" for the bench width). Also, the bench has a total of 6 legs so 3 tracks unless it'd be safe to cut the middle legs...

Any suggestions aside from going to the wrecking yard?

My other option would be to simply have 2 positions, lock it either at the front or at the back. Might be simpler?

Thanks!
Mr. D

tacr2man

Adventurer
Have you thought about looking in jap minivans , some like Mazda Bongo (dont know if available canada) have a slide and rotate seat setup, so you can have rear benches facing each other , if you get what I am trying to say . HTSH

If I have misunderstod what you are after , try looking at aircraft seat tracking , in UK UNwin is the main seller , you fit tracks to floor and adapters to seat frame, you can then slide along , or with a twist of lock knob lift whole seat out , eg for carrying wheel chair

RUGLYOT

Check out Ancra International and their aircraft seat track and associated attaching pieces - a good low profile option.

onelow1ton

Adventurer
I don't know if it will help but the 88-98 crew cab chevy full size trucks rear bench was on sliders so that's something to check in the junk yard

Abitibi

Explorer
Everything helps, thanks a lot.

I also thought of using the low profile aircraft style tracks, I just wasn't sure they'd be secure enough but seems like it. I'm posting some pictures to confirm we're talking about the same tracks...
I'll go look at the used part yard and see what I can find. Feel free to bring more inputs and I'll check those links, thanks again!

Mr. D

Aeronotic attachments.jpg

Aeronotic attachments 2.jpg

Aeronotic attachments 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier