Jerry can Vs. good ol' plastic can.

birdmann

Observer
What's everyones opinion on the topic? What are the advantages of a jerry can for fuel vs. a six gallon plastic awl-marx jug? Wondering this before I build the carrier for my rear bumper.

in general vehicle tech there is a thread titled 'why jerry cans?'. i was wondering the same thing before i bought my jerry cans. notice i said 'before i bought my jerry cans'. some good food for thought.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
^^^ Indeed. A standardized shape that is 80-something years-old and you will almost certainly be able to continue purchasing them for decades to come?.. Hard to beat.
:safari-rig:
And since no one just goes on vacation anymore (it's an expedition, right?) your jerrycan carrier will hold your luggage, too...
:coffeedrink:
JerryCanLuggage01.png
Just kidding, of course!

crismateski

American Adventurist
^^^ Indeed. A standardized shape that is 80-something years-old and you will almost certainly be able to continue purchasing them for decades to come?.. Hard to beat.
:safari-rig:
And since no one just goes on vacation anymore (it's an expedition, right?) your jerrycan carrier will hold your luggage, too...
:coffeedrink:
JerryCanLuggage01.png
Just kidding, of course!

I think we need a link to these as well

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I think we need a link to these as well

Sho' 'nuff. Not sure about U.S. distribution or pricing, but here's the website - http://www.gasca.se/

I understand the original 'Fuel' version was for hip, globe-hopping DJs to carry all their vinyl LPs without getting them damaged. Later they came out with the 'Diesel' model which is split down the middle like more conventional luggage. I think they'd be even cooler if you can dismount the handle/rollers/feet on them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94