World Apprentice: Volunteer Overlander

Scott Brady

Founder
I got a nice note from Jeremy a month ago. He is still enraptured in Nicaragua. He is happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitinat

Adventurer
His website appears to be down and there is not much info in this post, but I like the idea of giving back to community - volunteering.

We are in planing phase of similar adventure, about 8-9 months away from departing and would like to volunteer as well, while going down south. That way we could give back, as well as experience local culture more than staying in campsites and moving from one place to other.

If anybody has good suggestions for websites/organizations we should talk about volunteering on trip to Central/South America, please share that information here or send me PM.

Thank you!

witt

Adventurer
Nitinat -

We (http://whensparksfly.org) have been working with Alice at Do Good As You Go. Her organization has put us in touch with community and youth centers where we've been installing educational software. I recommend you get in touch with her if you're interested in doing some volunteering!

Witt

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know if he shipped his truck back to the States?

I could have sworn I saw it for sale on CL in Tucson, but cannot find the ad now.

borlo

Does anyone know if he shipped his truck back to the States?

I could have sworn I saw it for sale on CL in Tucson, but cannot find the ad now.

You did see his truck on CL for sale in Tucson, I bought it. It is in Flagstaff now.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
You did see his truck on CL for sale in Tucson, I bought it. It is in Flagstaff now.

Yeah, I talked with him briefly about it a few weeks back.

You'll enjoy the truck. Since you're local, stop in to Good Carma Garage on Blackbird Roost. Say hello to Dave; I am there a bit too and it is always good to meet up with the other locals.

borlo

Fergie,

Will do. I am shopping for a new mechanic for this truck anyways so I'll stop by and see what's up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94