So as I continue to try and catch this thread up to my current state, I took some closer pics of the vent I put on my Camper. I had been shopping around for one of these vents, and had a hard time finding anything cheaper than 30-40. I then stopped in at a local factory direct trailer store in Gilroy, and low and behold, they sell parts at their cost plus a little. So I got the brand new vent for $17 and he threw in some of the sealing tape for free.......
Unfortunately the screen didn't hold up for very long......I am going to make a stainless frame with bolt on screen to replace the plastic (once work slows down and I can use solidworks for playing again)
I siliconed the sh*t out of the flange, and then taped over it, but ARE does this stupid folded over itself seam right down the middle of the roof, so it still leaks. I am going to get some of the sealant they use for the roofs of campers and RV's and seal the whole roof, then paint it white again. Eventually the sides and rear of the camper will be paint matched to the truck, and I'll leave the roof white to help keep it a little cooler in back for the dogs.
I need to take some more pics of the platform when I clean out the bed. I still haven't made the drawer for it yet, but just use the tuperware for now. The drawer will be 52" long, so I can build a gun box in it for my shotguns/rifles, and be able to keep them out of sight. The front 24" of platform is a seperate compartment where I store tools and recovery gear, and the stuff I don't need on the daily. But right now, this is what its set up for every day as I almost always have at least one dog with me.
The reason for the platform sitting about 8 inches from the back, is that it's the only way I can get my crates in and out since the camper is cab hight. I still need to finish the hinged sides to completly fill up the bed and give me some more covered storage. When the wife and I go camping, I'll make a little insert to extend the platform to the back doors.