Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Thanks,

For rear bumper I'm planning on getting it custom built.
Found a local guy who fabs stuff in his garage for crawler rigs. Saw some of his work and was impressed by it. I told him exact specs and features that I wanted, including a receiver and swing out tire/hi lift carrier. He said he will do all that for $500. Pretty reasonable price IMO

grandpa

Thanks,

For rear bumper I'm planning on getting it custom built.
Found a local guy who fabs stuff in his garage for crawler rigs. Saw some of his work and was impressed by it. I told him exact specs and features that I wanted, including a receiver and swing out tire/hi lift carrier. He said he will do all that for $500. Pretty reasonable price IMO

Tell the builder to save the plans, I might want one too.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Nice. No rubbing? Did you try to flex it? May need some of those 4.9s in your diffs to keep it moving happily.

Havent tried flexing.

Yes, 4.9s are needed. Im looking around, and they are almost impossible to find.

For the price that I did find I may as well buy a rolled Montero Sport 3.5L with that gearing.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Hmm, details???

Well, Im in the auto export/sales so I have access to almost all auto auctions including insurance write offs.
Plus I have some friends who own auto dismantles here in Sac.

Almost all of my cars I bought through these auctions including my 2.5gen. So buying an entire car for some parts is often cheaper than buying the parts.
I've had an eye for a 2001-2003 Sport 3.5L, will get one eventually if really get on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles