Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

montypower

Adventure Time!
You won't find one because your Montero is not body on frame construction. I recommend to go with OME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The truck actually sits on front/rear suspension subframes. It is possible to lift the body off the subframe. There are kits available in Japan. It is rather involved. I considered building something but realistically Mitsu owners are too cheap to make it worthwhile.

FullMonte

Adventurer
What's up Monty?! I can't find these subframe kits anywhere..off the top if you're head, Do you know of any Japanese companies that do it?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

earljuic3

Adventurer
Montypower was really hoping you were going to make the subframe lift happen but I understand your reasoning

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
The company that made them Champs Auto Garage may have gone out of business, they no longer have a website either.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
while waiting for parts I installed a mount for my Ipad Topo GPS navigation.

The mount is a modified Ipod holder that I got from Rite Aid on clearance for $9.99. I chopped up the metal bracket, bended and welded it to my liking.
The bracket was then bolted down to the plate under the center instrument gauges. I had to channel the plastic bezel for it to sit clean.

So far so good. Finally I wont have to juggle the steering wheel and Ipad at the same time. Ipad plugs in, charges and plays music from my stereo deck.

:smiley_drive:Win win.

e33d2d8bdcf4e3beaf9eb9d740b82715.jpg
1e65a205e6239986ece8ab2b9119b519.jpg
b7455e4f4a9f0be63b704b6ed4fda755.jpg
83727f121f922a51eb05f776287130aa.jpg
7eb389863abc9c12aa33e568f6a08326.jpg
718c799ce2c257818a1c042be6d6830b.jpg
b55926a7826d97345015c21b9ab9fd81.jpg

Hey Euro,

I'm trying to set up a similar tablet mount and am stuck at the point where you attach the metal bracket to the Montero. I see the 3 holes you drilled in the bracket but am wondering:

1. What kind of hardware did you use? Screws or Nuts/Bolts
2. Did you attach it just in front of the metal mounting plate for the cluster or does the bracket go under the metal cluster mount at all?

Thx

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Hey Euro,

I'm trying to set up a similar tablet mount and am stuck at the point where you attach the metal bracket to the Montero. I see the 3 holes you drilled in the bracket but am wondering:

1. What kind of hardware did you use? Screws or Nuts/Bolts
2. Did you attach it just in front of the metal mounting plate for the cluster or does the bracket go under the metal cluster mount at all?

Thx

Its been so long ago, I believe it mounts underneath the metal plate.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
It's been a nearly year since tackling the front suspension. Thread cannot end like this.

The montero is on the back burner. It didn't die as alot of people think it did.

Ive been busy with my land cruiser build. Montero is next.

Here is a quick recap on the Land Cruiser. Its a 1994 triple locked. You can see the full build here

regeared to 5.29s

cut off all of factory suspension and installing 14" coilovers with 3 link.

as well as axle

mockup

also did my own links in the back with longer shocks and taller springs

As far as Montero, I sold Dana44s I originally got for montero and will be going with Dana60s.

raysobi

Adventurer
OMG Euro, your Landcruiser is out of control! Good job man, we miss you for sure here in the Mitsubishi forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

evomaki

Observer
Indeed, what raysobi said. Super impressive fabrication skills. I like Landcruisers too, so that was a treat. Can't wait to see what you are cooking up for the Monty.

Swift_45a

Observer
Meaty looking LC, but the Montero cannot be neglected any longer, Euro. I still look forward to your updates every time I visit the front page.

shakotanfun69

Hey Eurosonic, quit thread jacking! More Monty! jk

Cant wait for you to start working on this thing again. Cant wait for that production of the front bumper wither. ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles