Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

scrubber3

Not really here
Look great man! Now you're ready to tackle trails with rocks. Your rig has really came together here lately.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Well ARB wants over $250 for the hard-plastic inserts that go in the front. :Wow1:

Was scavenging ebay for months trying to find a used set, and finally landed on some for $30!!

Eventually will install some fog lights, alot of guys that have these bumpers ditch the ARB fogs and retrofit PIAA lights. So will see.

Screenshot2012-05-20at115350PM.png

Monterorider

Adventurer
Def not ready for their Prep Check list/ Requirements.
Why. I don't see problem taking stock truck there. All you need few things like fire extinguisher, first-aid kit, warning triangles etc. Nothing out of ordinary. Can be picked up at your neighborhood Walmart. I drove my stock Land Cruiser there last year. Pretty successfully too.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Def looking nice. Like the mods you made to the ARB bumper too. Nicely done!

Are you doing the Nevada Trophy this year? My friend Bruno's been trying to get a bunch of us to go but cash is too tight for the trophy this year plus I didn't have a navigator initially. Of course now Bruno's found a navigator for me.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Ive never been to one, not sure what to expect. But sounds interesting. Is there a a site with more info?

Monterorider

Adventurer
You commented on the thread I've opened in events section. It has a reference to report from one of the teams. Here is mine from same one
It's really not all that complicated. You just drive around chasing GPS coordinates. This is from last year's http://www.offroadexperience.com/wcb/doug_walker_memorial.htm Biggest hassle is getting team together. Ideally you need two cars. You've got few buddies you mention. I even though one of those (the green Gen 2 of course it might be just look alike) I saw in your pictures from run in Northern California belongs to Sergey who participated last year in his G-wagen.

Monterorider

Adventurer
I'd say go for it. Of course I've got vested interest. Submitted my papers long time ago. Sound like we are short on entries. I really want to do it again. Need more people.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
You commented on the thread I've opened in events section. It has a reference to report from one of the teams. Here is mine from same one
It's really not all that complicated. You just drive around chasing GPS coordinates. This is from last year's http://www.offroadexperience.com/wcb/doug_walker_memorial.htm Biggest hassle is getting team together. Ideally you need two cars. You've got few buddies you mention. I even though one of those (the green Gen 2 of course it might be just look alike) I saw in your pictures from run in Northern California belongs to Sergey who participated last year in his G-wagen.

Yup, Sergei (sp?) did it last year as did Bruno but IIRC Bruno was a navigator for someone else or maybe I'm not remembering that correctly. Last year we did a couple of trails in NW Nevada where the event is held since Bruno was trying to gauge interest. Interested, just bad timing this year. Maybe next years event once my gears are in.

Monterorider

Adventurer
Bruno was Sergey's navigator in G-wagon. I though green Montero Bruno was driving in Nevada last fall belonged to Sergey.

You don't need no special gears for NVTR though. I'd argue stock gearing is better. You could just drive in low range half the time. There is not much technical stuff. Well if it's dry. It's very likely to be dry in the June.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Not sure how he participated so I'm sure your correct on that. I know the stock gearing is better but I'm already in the process of installing the Aussie gears so it's going in regardless.

If Bruno was in a Green Montero then it definitely wasn't his. Bruno's is a blue gen I 2 door. If you've seen his blue rig before, just wait until you see him in it the next time. He's finishing a number of upgrades and it will be an 'uber' capable rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles