Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Correct, that's why I said you've got a solid plan. I mostly added that bit for your readers.

I know you mentioned this before but are you planning on running coilovers in the rear too? I'm putting together my new rear suspension parts and i'm thinking I can re utilize the stock double tube crossmember for the coils for coilovers. Seems like there would be a good amount of room, I don't have mine apart yet but do you think I could fit 12" coilovers with 1-2" of lift?

yes, if you mount them at an inward angle.

Ill be using springs in the rear.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Eurosonic, if only you were neighbors with IncorporatedX and I...

Toasty

Thank's for the insight on the coilovers, i'll probably try to snipe a set cheap on Pirate4x4 and have them revalved later.

BEG

Adventurer
Correct, that's why I said you've got a solid plan. I mostly added that bit for your readers.

I know you mentioned this before but are you planning on running coilovers in the rear too? I'm putting together my new rear suspension parts and i'm thinking I can re utilize the stock double tube crossmember for the coils for coilovers. Seems like there would be a good amount of room, I don't have mine apart yet but do you think I could fit 12" coilovers with 1-2" of lift?

Toasty, I know you've seen this before:

http://www.4wdshop.net/KKKKKKKnewpage1.html

A.G. Champ, out of Japan, makes a wishbone-style 3-link for the rear and uses Fox air shocks for travel and to simplify the packaging (no coils to deal with). It's tough to make out in the small photos on their website but they have a crossmember for the upper shock/spring mounts that bolts in to both frame rails. They achieve clearance for the extra articulation with a massive body lift (6").

Toasty

I made my '94 "Shogun" flex like that, honestly having that much flex compensated for the lack up front. I think there are pics of it in my build thread, it's the grey Montero with a flatbed. You really would need a 6" body lift or massive wheel well tubs to stuff the tire that far. On mine i recall the tire tucking into where the middle row seat would have been. I actually had to limit the up travel because the caliper hit the frame and would break the fitting off.

My '99 stretches out pretty far right now but i want to flip my trailing arms and tuck them up inboard of my frame. It makes it hard to have stock coils like that though, so that's why i'm going to coilovers (plus awesome reasons).

mario zamora

Great project eurosonic, i check all your build, i see the pictures, a don´t have great english, but i read a lot, here in chile, no one modifique the monteros, but how you say, is a really good platform and I really like, actually i have 3, 1993 sas, 1997 for engine donor, and 2000 for dailly drive.
You clarified my suspicion about to change the rear part off the transmission for use a jeep or toyota transfer case.
In my case i have a toyota transmission and toyota double transfer with toyota front axle with 38 tsl tires, and is very low, i cut a lot off my fender To have low height

View attachment 324417

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjz79FBeEYs

Mario

mario zamora

yes, those where 35x12.5 procomp xtreme mt, and now i put 38x12.5 tsl sx, because off that, my tires spin without traction in the video in that terrain.

Drejireh

Hey Guys,

New to the group and loving this thread as I recently acquired a 2000 Montero Endeavor 134k miles. Most of the front end components need to be replaced such as; control arms, Tie Rods, Lower Ball joints, etc... I have recently purchased the body lift from 4crawler and excited to get started on this build. Thanks in advance to all for the information. Ill post some photos.
20160513_110147_HDR.jpg20160516_183446_HDR.jpg

bikerjosh

Explorer
Not to be a *****, but you do know you posted a intro post in someone's build thread right? :victory:Welcome to the club.

Hey Guys,

New to the group and loving this thread as I recently acquired a 2000 Montero Endeavor 134k miles. Most of the front end components need to be replaced such as; control arms, Tie Rods, Lower Ball joints, etc... I have recently purchased the body lift from 4crawler and excited to get started on this build. Thanks in advance to all for the information. Ill post some photos.
View attachment 346197View attachment 346198

raysobi

Adventurer
I was going to say the same but I bet it was a honest mistake. Welcome, nice rig sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

touaherr79

Artisit & Entrepreneur
Hello.

maybe i am not looking hard enough but I can't seem to find the body lift kit for my Gen. 3 montero? do they make it for gen 3? I really like how your lift look vs the OMU coil spring lift.

13339430_1311180878896315_5511327827076099109_n.jpg

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
You won't find one because your Montero is not body on frame construction. I recommend to go with OME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94