Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
So cool, can't wait to head up north and hit some trails. I was thinking hitting some lake trails in Bishop and then maybe barney riley and then snake lake trail.

Do I spy a catuned sticker?

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Nice, never had the chance to talk or purchase anything from them but they are highly respected in teh E30 community. I was very close to talking to them about buying their convertible Mtech.

Also, what rack is that? I need a rack for mine and have sort of narrowed it down to rocky road wildrack but some advice would be great!

FullTankHank

Adventurer
Great build! I really like the square line on the Montero's. Looks like a fun time in the mountains.

Btw, also another bmw fan here. Used to have a E30 325i and a E21 320is. Thinking about picking up a very clean 2002tii as a little side project.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Went out and hit the trail last weekend. Stayed out somewhere in Nevada, then made a loop back to north lake Tahoes Mt.Watson. But on the way we decided to stop by Reno for Hot August Nights.

some pics

this things was sick! One of my favorites

Big Foot is quite big.
amupa7em.jpg

Check out that military Rockwell axle

Made to Mt Watson for sunset

Morning view from tent

urajura3.jpg

Half way through the trip my speedo stopped working

Well here is the problem, speer gear for sensor gave up.

Good thing I have a spare

My rear output seal for transfer case blew so it spit most of the fluid out. Will be replacing the seal this weakened. Seal was $2!

Last edited:

raysobi

Adventurer
Hey Euro,

How is your lift blocks coming along?

I am thinking about doing the same thing but I want to hear more feedback back from you.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Hey Euro,

How is your lift blocks coming along?

I am thinking about doing the same thing but I want to hear more feedback back from you.

They are in good shape. Just have to tighten the bolts every once in a while. Many members on this forum have them.

scrooge

It was hell of a back read but what you did to that Monty is just pure awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrooge

Here's mine, a 2.8 diesel field master from the Philippines.

Mounted an ironman bumper for a Toyota prado and a hyperflow snorkel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior