Trailer Box Kit by jscherb

Fresno

Adventurer
CamperPopUpStage2.jpg

This is being ready very soon. It will sold as a kit.

It is designed by jscherb and will very affordable. He has a thread here in the Jeep, but it should here with us.

Here is an early prototype he did.

CamperShow4.jpg

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hate to say it, but that red frame reminds me of the small trailer Harbor Freight sells. And after clicking that link it only confirms my suspicion, they are taking a cheap "frame" and throwing an expensive tub on it. At least they could put a decent coupler on, that cheap junk will bend at the first incident of jackknife.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Looks huge and hideous, sorry.

Sounds like my definition of a ZJ, but everyone has an opinion right ;)

Hate to say it, but that red frame reminds me of the small trailer Harbor Freight sells. And after clicking that link it only confirms my suspicion, they are taking a cheap "frame" and throwing an expensive tub on it. At least they could put a decent coupler on, that cheap junk will bend at the first incident of jackknife.

I happen to personally know people with HF hacked off-road trailers that have more off-road miles than you do in your Jeep each year ;) Come to think of it they have more of a frame than your Jeep too :D While these trailers not for everyone and its likely not market to heavy duty off-road use, they don't advertise it as such. Different strokes for different folks and I'm sure they will be a perfect fit for many owners. We are hosting another 'Intro to 4x4' event at MMP this spring and an offroad trailer class was suggested... I'll recommend your name as the instructor, sounds like you have plenty of experience and knowledge to share.

stomperxj

Explorer

Mr Negative strikes again....

If you would bother to read the thread you would see that... never mind. Why bother....

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Mr Negative strikes again....

If you would bother to read the thread you would see that... never mind. Why bother....

lol...

Looks awesome!! In my search to build a new trailer out of something other than wood...I ran across this last week (although only the DiNoot site) so the bigger one is much more attractive to those who need some addtional room.

Thanks for posting that Fresno!

Here's the Mud link too, if anyone is interested. What a nice surprise to see it was our very own Scott Chaney, who designs and builds lightweight, compact campers.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/550419-dinoot-modular-fiberglass-body-trailer.html

pajeepman

Adventurer
I've seen this one in person, it's not huge.
I seen Jeff's amazing work and had the pleasure of speaking with him, he's a very nice guy.
He had one of his "projects" featured in Jp magazine. http://jp.automotive.com/109427/154-0906-2006-jeep-wrangler-tj-unlimited-truck/index.html It's about the red Jeep truck pictured above. I saw that in person also, very sweet, looks like it could have been made by "Jeep" themselves
The trailer project does use a HF frame, it's aimed at the DIY'er and to keep cost down. http://www.dinoot.com/concept.html

Dirtytires

Explorer
Well, I feel left out because he has not givin me any feedback on my build. I read the whole build over
on mud. I think it is a good idea. I would not want the trailer frame, I would use a Military frame,
but I would not mind having a tub. It is a good trailer to build for a small budget and a father son or
scouts project, Or father and daughter.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Well, I feel left out because he has not givin me any feedback on my build. I read the whole build over
on mud. I think it is a good idea. I would not want the trailer frame, I would use a Military frame,
but I would not mind having a tub. It is a good trailer to build for a small budget and a father son or
scouts project, Or father and daughter.

Hey, what about the mother, daughter and guides project! happy0054.gif

Box Rocket

I happen to personally know people with HF hacked off-road trailers that have more off-road miles than you do in your Jeep each year ;) Come to think of it they have more of a frame than your Jeep too :D While these trailers not for everyone and its likely not market to heavy duty off-road use, they don't advertise it as such. Different strokes for different folks and I'm sure they will be a perfect fit for many owners. We are hosting another 'Intro to 4x4' event at MMP this spring and an offroad trailer class was suggested... I'll recommend your name as the instructor, sounds like you have plenty of experience and knowledge to share.

Applause

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey

:clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles