My cargo trailer mods.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
when adding brakes did you by chance measure the distance from face plate to face plate before and after. I'm going to be adding brakes to mine and I'm hoping the face/face distance "WILL" increase so I can run the wider rims that I already have.I need a liitle more space between tire and trailer wall.

The added width will depend on what bolt pattern you choose.
The five lug brakes are drums that fit on your hubs so the added width will only be the thickness of the drums.
If you go six lug to match the FJ, you will pick up around 3/4" a side.
If you look at the picture, you can see a gap behind the adaptor.
IMGP0956.jpg
Jeff

orangeTJ

Explorer
Are you planning on interior fixtures such as bed, kitchen ect?

No plans yet for any elaborate interior goodies. For the time being it will be just a cargo hauler. Come late spring, early summer I may do some camping with it, but I'll just throw an air mattress on the floor.

orangeTJ

Explorer
I re-evaluated my trailer needs and ended up selling this trailer only 5 months after I bought it.

Also, certain things made it slightly annoying:
Lack of a side door
Leaf Spring suspension (it was bouncy when empty or loaded lightly)

In the first post, I mentioned having another trailer on order, which was a 7x16. I cancelled that order about 3 weeks later and ended up buying this monster:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...r-build-20-enclosed-quot-support-trailer-quot

orangeTJ

Explorer
If I were to have another small trailer again, regardless of what I used it for, whether general cargo hauling or converting to a mini camping rig with bed and stuff inside, a side door would be a must have item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94