Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What ONE piece of recovery gear will you never leave home without?

Ya that's it. When your stuck time for a surf

my coozie
    My YouTube channel
    1991 FJ80: Vortec 5.7L v8, FZJ80 locked axles, 4L60e trans, split case and plenty more!
    1988 FJ62: TD-S/C-I/C diesel, NV4500, Atlas T-case, portal axles, FZJ80 chassis and lot's more! A long term work in progress.

you drive an 80? Probably the best peice of recovery gear you can have. I used to have a p38 LR range rover and my fj80 was the one peice of recovery gear i would always take along with the land rover!

take the easy way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on what I have, a winch. But since it's attached to the bumper and I always have it with me, I'd say my air compressor & tire plug kit.

If I didn't have a winch, I'd have a hi lift jack.
    Chris
    1989 GMC Jimmy - adventure truck: HAM radio, dual batts, Helton shower, winch, ARB fridge
    2005 GMC Yukon - daily driver: HAM radio

Cell Phone
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...

I can vouch for common sense and scouting ahead, but due to a very muddy road, I still spent the night in the middle of nowhere! I would have to say, shovel, Hi-lift, and a winch or comealong. After my little ordeal I promptly installed a winch! And for the reord, it only took a comealong and about ten minutes to get me out...
    96 Jeep Cherokee, 4" lift, 31-10.50s, Custom built front, rear bumper, and sliders. OBA, Locrite locker in the rear, Safari roofrack with 6" KC lights, ARB awning, and custom roof mount spare.

Just thought I would update this a little. So far out of all the gear I have packed with me the only thing that I have used has been my ARB snatch strap. And it was to pull OTHER people out. It worked better than expected and it really nice to have the elasticity when yanking someone out.

So far my 80 hasn't let me get stuck... maybe I'm not trying hard enough
    For to Marines, love of liberty is not an empty phrase… Rather it’s displayed by blood, sweat and tears for the fallen.
    -General James "Mad Dog" Mattis

http://www.mormon.org/me/GJFH

A lot of training at getting stuck. What was the terrain again?

B4x4.no

^ the terrain I've been playing in? Deep loose sand, mud, snow, rocks. Nothing crazy but one heck of a good time.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast