Family Friendly RTT "What is the largest one?"

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Hi all!

I bought a military trailer "M101A2" that I am converting to a Family friendly camping trailer.
When finished it will have the necessities to take my family of four out of the house to
explore the country.

My blog:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...d-a-Military-trailer-to-build-a-family-hauler

Being tax time I will have some money to spend on a Roof top tent.
I have searched this forum, other forums and You tube to view ideas
but no one has stated if they are large enough for my family.

I want to sleep two adults "me and my wife and my two girls ages 7 and 11."

Please help me decide!

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Howling Moon 2.4

Hello Mark,
I think you'll find that Howling Moon makes the largest tent available.. The 2.4m size is available in both Deluxe and Tourer styles.
Just so you understand, that means it is almost 8ft x8ft when open! That will definitely fit 4 people and we definitely call it a family tent!

We also have a trailer specific tent which is the best selling trailer tent in Southern Africa. It has a sleeping platform on the trailer, and enough living space at floor level to accommodate up to 3 cots. Cost-wise, the two tents (2.4m RTT or trailer tent) are about the same. The benefit of the trailer tent is that is has room for growth, so as the girls get older and want more space/privacy, the tent will grow with the family.
Let me know if you have any questions, and i'll be pleased to help.

FYI - in case you have not heard of Howling Moon. We are the premier manufacturer of canvas RTT and trailer tents and accessories in Southern Africa. We are the no.1 choice for safari outfitters and rental companies because of the ruggedness and build quality.

Cheers,
Rou.

russ1

Hello Mark,
I think you'll find that Howling Moon makes the largest tent available.. The 2.4m size is available in both Deluxe and Tourer styles.
Just so you understand, that means it is almost 8ft x8ft when open! That will definitely fit 4 people and we definitely call it a family tent!

We also have a trailer specific tent which is the best selling trailer tent in Southern Africa. It has a sleeping platform on the trailer, and enough living space at floor level to accommodate up to 3 cots. Cost-wise, the two tents (2.4m RTT or trailer tent) are about the same. The benefit of the trailer tent is that is has room for growth, so as the girls get older and want more space/privacy, the tent will grow with the family.
Let me know if you have any questions, and i'll be pleased to help.

FYI - in case you have not heard of Howling Moon. We are the premier manufacturer of canvas RTT and trailer tents and accessories in Southern Africa. We are the no.1 choice for safari outfitters and rental companies because of the ruggedness and build quality.

Cheers,
Rou.

Picture of the 2.4 howling moon
a4509802.png

Russ

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Russ1:
Thank you for the pictures, Being from Pennsylvania We are behind in most things!
A RTT is one of them Most local camping stores have no clue to what I want. " I Have to show them a picture"

I want to see one in person to decide if it is what we want
The family uses a 7 x 7 dome tent now. and all other stuff is stored in the trailer.

Price is also a consideration I would like to be below $1500.00
It is a hard sell on a RTT when I can get a used Pop Up trailer for less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles