Garmin Mapsource Maps

CLynn85

Explorer
I recently picked up a GPSMap60C and was looking to get some maps for it. I use the unit for both highway driving and backcountry exploring, So I'm not really sure what maps would be best suited to my usage. Anyone have a Garmin unit? What maps do you use and how/why do you like them?

On a side note I recently upgraded to google earth plus, kind of cool being able to import my GPS tracks and waypoints and seeing them on a 3D terrain map. The resolution around here's a little sketchy though

Scott Brady

Founder
I have Mapsource:

Metroguide USA
World

They are all pretty good, but a far cry from topo level detail. So I use NG TOPO! for all of the trail details.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
The map itself is not uploadable into the unit, however you can connect to your gps and exchange waypoints and routes. You can check their website if your unit is compatible. I have a garmin 276c and it's not compatible.

Scott,

what ng topo series are you using? State? backroads 3d? 3d street? How are you using it, with oziexplorer?

CLynn85

Explorer
Wow, to think I missed your post almost a year ago exactly

Now that I've had the GPSMap60C for a while, I like it a lot. The menu's are pretty user friendly and it's not too bad for hiking, it's large enough to be legible but still small enough to not be too bulky.

I purchased the Topo USA map set sometime back, and I am amazed at the level of detail. It also makes a nice campanion for boating as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles