Smallest four-wheeled expedition vehicle?

I think the Samurai is about the smallest for overlanding, and then you have to think like a backpacker.
I love mine. (though its down now for an extensive 're-fit')

Attachments

• Sami.jpg
    Sami.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 301

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
FYI, I think I'd take ANY of these small overland vehicles. Ultimately, I'd love a new Jimny. I'm just on the wrong continent. :D

- Andy

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
FYI, I think I'd take ANY of these small overland vehicles. Ultimately, I'd love a new Jimny. I'm just on the wrong continent. :D

- Andy

No you're just too far North of the Border.

I saw hundreds of Jimny's in Costa Rica. It was probably the most common rental SUV.

Scott Brady

Founder
Jimny is the real deal. You could absolutely take one around the world, and not on the easy routes. It is like a 50% sized Land Cruiser. We really enjoyed the one we took across the Silk Road. It was flawless.

Suzuki_Jimny_Off_Road_7.jpg

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Citroën 2CV - Ushuaia to Alaska
600cc air cooled 29hp!!!

I met the couple in Death Valley in 2010
_DSC3253.jpg

_DSC3254.jpg

_DSC3259.jpg

lowenbrau

Explorer
there is a blog somewhere about these guys who drove a mini Subaru van all the way from Europe to Japan - wish I could find it right now.

3003046103_75c3cc63ea_b.jpg

Some of those Kei vans have the VW conversion front end available. That would get you befriended on the west coast beaches.

22984_1259236834.jpg

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
My vote goes to LUAZ. My Dad used to have one back when we used to live in Russia, small little things with 30hp air cooled engine!
8a347de9ef561fe5bd0544018840_grande.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior