Smallest four-wheeled expedition vehicle?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
awesome-sprint.jpg

Saw this via Facebook yesterday and thought I'd share. I am not going to lie, it looks kinda fun. It is AWD, as I understand it; love the ATV wheels/tires! It is a Suzuki Cultus, I believe, but sold under a variety of other nameplates.

- Andy

762X39

Explorer
I always thought the Suzuki Jimny was the smallest overland vehicle (and a good one at that). And I thought that a lift kit for the Smart Car was a hydraulic winch to raise the car onto the bed of a Unimog. The Fiat Panda has been around for almost 2 decades (I remember them from about 1995 or so) , might see one on these shores soon if Chrysler's current owners have their way.:coffee:

Last edited:

khronus79

Adventurer
I don't now about four wheeled, but the reliant fox tandy is quite tiny, and so is the New Map Solyto Break Camping(old micro car)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
there is a blog somewhere about these guys who drove a mini Subaru van all the way from Europe to Japan - wish I could find it right now.

3003046103_75c3cc63ea_b.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
The Fiat Panda 4x4 is another diminutive machine that has seen extensive off-road use. Several have completed the Mongol Rally, for example.

tacr2man

Adventurer
These were quite fashionable for overland travel at one point , the production versions in Australia had 13" wheels and therefore reasonable ground clearance . They were light enough to manhandle if you got a bit stuck page74_11.jpg
this is a 4wd version (twin engine) sent for trials with US Military

Mini Moke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles